Door Interior

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx3grlsikride

Door Interior

Post by mx3grlsikride »

well i just painted my interior on the weekend.....i also realized that the carpent on the door panels looks very difficult to come off. Plus underneath is like that cardboard/wood stuff so it can't really be painted over. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?? I was thinking about fiberglassing it but won't that be really hard.? Anything at all would really help right now Thanks
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

mxer4eva

Re: Door Interior

Post by mxer4eva »

Actually you can paint over that cardboard like material. I have done it to my rear panels. After you remove the carpeting, get some sand paper and sand until smooth, then prime it and you should be able to see if there is any roughness. Then you can just sand it down more until perfect then paint any color of your choice. But this is the ghetto way of doing it.

I am personally going to fiberglass the front ones, if you do a search you will find a how to from one of the members that did a write up last spring on fiberglassing the carpeted inserts.

thanks
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)

Return to “Appearance”