reverse glow gauges

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
BADMX3

reverse glow gauges

Post by BADMX3 »

These are an excellent buy.
I fitted mine this afternoon took me a couple of hours. I was very afraid that it would be difficult or that i may brake one of the needles.<p>Even without instructions it was quite a simple process just took loads of patience, even more sweat and a lot of curse words.<p>the results are realy great and i'm very happy with them
glowing
before fitted
fitted
Pearl-JapSpec

Re: reverse glow gauges

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

ya im lookin into them as im typing :D
whats a good ballpark price for them?
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee
illLusionschic18

Post by illLusionschic18 »

thanx for the info on the gauges! i was going to put some on in the morning. so the needles come off with ease right?! that what i'm scared of.
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

no don't take the needles off this was the method they used to have to use... these reverse glow gauges slide over the needles withe a bit of patience i've had no trouble with sticking or anything like that all of the gauges are fine.<p>the ones i got were the makoto ones which origionally came off ebay. I wouldn't have thought that they would cost any more than 35 US$.<p>the speedo and rev counter were real easy the gas/temp[ gauge was difficult and the only way i could fit it was to put a little cut on the edge where the temp gauge is. Check the back of the dial and do not cut through the circuit board!
The cut looks like it was manufactured that way and you can hardly see it close up and not at all at a distance.<p>They are really nice!
If you need any more help e-mail me at B8DMX3@hotmail.com I'm happy to help anyone I can.
Also check out the 4th page of my car domain site which shows some pictures. link is in my sig
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

when i put mine on it was the same way as yours (left the needles on) but i didn't have to cut mine. if you move the fuel and temp gauges so they're pointing opposite (one up, one down) then kinda twist the guage face on it should work, if not just twiddle with it until it does.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

mine has a ver long clock dial which caused the problem otherwise it would be very easy.
i tried to get it off but failed and you cannot see the slit and the install looks very proffesional
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BADMX3:
mine has a ver long clock dial which caused the problem otherwise it would be very easy.
i tried to get it off but failed and you cannot see the slit and the install looks very proffesional
<hr></blockquote><p>So you did that too, cut a slit from the hole for the clock adjustments? Thats what i did, you cant even see it
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Appearance”