Custom Decals CHEAP

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
sw-ontarioguy

Custom Decals CHEAP

Post by sw-ontarioguy »

ok guys, as you can see from the title, I will be making custom decals out of the same vinyl that is used in real decals. These decals will be sold for VERY cheap. I see on the net where 2 3x6" decals are $14.99 US. Well I will be selling mine for $8 US, or $10 Canadian. Windsheild decals are $19.99 US and up, Mine will be $12.50 US or $15 canadian. Side Stripes (which im unsure if I will be making) are 129.99 US and up. Mine will be $80 US, or $100 Canadian. Hood decals are $24.95 US. Mine will be $16 US or $20 Canadian. Now for smaller decals, like 3x6"s or other sizes like that, you will get TWO decals for that price, same with the side stripes (1 for each side) windshield and hood decals you will only get ONE for that price. Also, thsoe prices are for WHITE decals, multi coloured and coloured decals will be $1 more, and metallic colours are $2 more.<p>Now basically how I'm doing this, is I will be taking posts off here for questions and answers, phone calls and emails for comformation. I will accept money by either cheque or cash or bank transfer, but I do not have paypal. And most decals will be shipped via mail. Unless it's a larger decal, where it will be shipped via UPS so im not forced to bend or roll the decals (i'll take a closer look at shipping later). Buyer PAYS for shipping. And most items will be shipped the next day, Unless it's my first time making it (got to make a test pattern first) or if it's a larger decal, where it takes longer to make. <p>I'm not really doing this to make alot of money, Just abit to put towards my car and college. (I'm making my own decals, so why not make yours too, I make a little money, and you save alot) I have some pics of decals I Can make very easily on request. <p>However I would like you all to be advised that jeff/barry have not got back to me yet. I dont know if it will happen, however I dont see it being a problem.<p>If you have any questions or comments, pelase post them here, or feel free to email me at dennisleonhardt@hotmail.com
Thank you
Dennis
Speed Kills....Save a life...Drive a HONDA
JasonH

Re: Custom Decals CHEAP

Post by JasonH »

How will you be making these? Are you using a vinyl-cutting plotter and software? That's how I did these:<p>Image<p>Image
sw-ontarioguy

Post by sw-ontarioguy »

I can get them made on a plotter and software. BUT then the price is out of my hands. What Im doing is using the plotter and software on paper, as a stencil, tracing the pattern onto the vinyl, then cutting it out with an exacto knife. It will be time consuming, But will yeild the same results if done properly
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sw-ontarioguy:
I can get them made on a plotter and software. BUT then the price is out of my hands. What Im doing is using the plotter and software on paper, as a stencil, tracing the pattern onto the vinyl, then cutting it out with an exacto knife. It will be time consuming, But will yeild the same results if done properly<hr></blockquote>
Except I could run off 50 of them in all different sizes and designs in the time it takes you to cut one. Plus, once the design is laid out I can curve it to fit a windshield, or reverse it or just to the outline or whatever.<p>There has to be a better way to make extra money. I realize your overhead will be virtually zero, but you'll also be spending a lot of time to make a few bucks.
sw-ontarioguy

Post by sw-ontarioguy »

whats up with every1 trashing ideas on this board? yes i understand the amount of work that will have to be done. But i dont personally own a plotter or else i'd do it like that. And if you can do it so much better and faster, then why arent u doing this?
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sw-ontarioguy:
whats up with every1 trashing ideas on this board? yes i understand the amount of work that will have to be done. But i dont personally own a plotter or else i'd do it like that. And if you can do it so much better and faster, then why arent u doing this?<hr></blockquote><p>Because it's not my plotter, software, etc. And people who want decals, graphics, numbers and stripes save up a few bucks and go buy them from a vinyl shop.<p>My response was just based on your comment "I'm not really doing this to make alot of money, Just abit to put towards my car and college." You're going to sell 2 3"x6" decals for $8. If you can make a pattern and cut them by hand in an hour (not to mention the time spent emailing back and forth clarifying a design, figuring out how to get paid, and mailing them when they're done) you made maybe $7 for your hour's effort. Why not wait tables? Or get a job at a vinyl shop? Or find somebody who can make them for cheap then make a whole bunch and sell them?<p>I'm not trashing your idea, I'm offering guidance. I'm all for you making some money and having cool stuff for your car, but there's a better way to do both. In the end, my advice is worth at least what you paid for it.
sw-ontarioguy

Post by sw-ontarioguy »

ok, well I do have a job, but yesterday I put out my clutch, so thats a 600$ bill, my cell phone bill is 60$ a month, insurance is 140$ a month, the loan for my car is 250$ a month, not to mention gas and my girlfriend. But wait, I only make 500$ a month. And my town had lets see, 4000 people in it. With the closest vinyl shop being a 25 min drive. So no I cant work there. And I wouldnt consider emailing people back and forth very time consuming. It takes a few minutes of my free time, not a big deal. And since buyer pays shipping, I dont lose any money there. So I'm making 8$ for those 2 decals, but lets not forget 8$ US, I'm from canada, so I'm making more like 10$. Which is what I get paid right now at my job. So doing something I enjoy, which makes me money, saves other people money, and I can do it in the comfort of my own home for 10$ an hour.....I'd say its worth it. But thanks for the advice and all. Your suggestions might be better for someone in a city, but it won't work for me, I already thought of that sorta thing.
JJ

Post by JJ »

yo man i dont kno if you've seen it before but i want sumthin similar to the puerto rican flag vinyl sticker. Its small in size. Ive been lookin for places that can be creative with a Colombian Flag. Not many places have vinyl stickers/decals with countries that is something other than a rectangular shape!
anyways let me kno.
my email is: hitupjay@aol.com<p>thanx
JJ
sw-ontarioguy

Post by sw-ontarioguy »

OK, I think I shoudl be able to make you something that you'll like. I'll send you an email for abit more info.
sw-ontarioguy

Post by sw-ontarioguy »

sorry every1, my supplier of the vinyl has jsut totally screwed me, and is now tryign to charge me TRIPLE the price unless i but it in 50 yard strips, screw that. Sorry guys
mx3_punk

Post by mx3_punk »

haha your insurance is only $140 a month....$H!T mine is almost double that, im gettin screwed
Black 93' KL-ZE
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

y u gotta steal my signature?
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!

Return to “Appearance”