All red tailights fading out

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Brainless

All red tailights fading out

Post by Brainless »

I painted my tailights maybe six or seven months ago and they're already starting to fade out because of the sun.<p>I don't really know what to do. I guess I could paint them again but I would have the same problem not so long after.<p>What do you think?
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Sonicxtacy02

Re: All red tailights fading out

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

clean them good, let them dry. Apply LOTS of paint then even MORE clear coat. ;)
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

same thing happens to me.. i have to repaint them every now and then. its not a tough job. its normal because of weather conditions. if you want it to REALLY last, get the altezzas, remove the lens and red the inside part of the lens and put back on. it should last a bit.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

Is there any clear coat that will hold?
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

maybe dipping the lights in a clear resin that dries. other than that theres none that i know of.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marshmallow15:
maybe dipping the lights in a clear resin that dries. other than that theres none that i know of.<hr></blockquote><p>If you want to do something that will last, resin is the last thing, with it being in the sun all the time, it will just crack and then split and **** up your tails even worse
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

If you paint them from the inside then they will last longer. Mine look as good as the day I painted them.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kick @#$ Mazda:
If you paint them from the inside then they will last longer. Mine look as good as the day I painted them.<hr></blockquote><p>Do you have any pics?
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kick @#$ Mazda:
If you paint them from the inside then they will last longer. Mine look as good as the day I painted them.<hr></blockquote><p>did you paint the altezza's??? because if you paint the inside on the stock ones, correct me if im wrong, but if you paint the stock ones inside, isnt the orange sides still on the outside?
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I have been trying to fix my site I got like 30 megs of how tos for the MX-3, but I am to cheap to pay to have them hosted so I am trying to host from my own site.<p>These should have some pics.<p>http://net-vest.cjb.net<p>http://mx-3.servehttp.com
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

www.gesilicones.com<p>Go and buy a UV absorbant hardcoat, it'll protect it from scratches and the sun.

Return to “Appearance”