sunroof not workin

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jwillistyl55

sunroof not workin

Post by jwillistyl55 »

i was just wonderin does anyone know where i can find a "connector" thats what i was told i need cuz my sunroof motor works cuz u can hear it but the thing doesnt open does anyone know if thats it where i can get one and about how much?? thanks<p>
cody
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
Andrew_Pakula

Re: sunroof not workin

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Maybe its just stuck.<p>Mine gets stuck all the time, I just push it a tiny bit at the end of it where it is supposed to pop up and then it will usually go.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andrew_Pakula:
Maybe its just stuck.<p>Mine gets stuck all the time, I just push it a tiny bit at the end of it where it is supposed to pop up and then it will usually go.<hr></blockquote><p>Same thing happens to me and I do like Andrew and just push it a little bit and there it goes..
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

holy crap it worked!! thanks
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

BTW, if you keep running it when it's stuck, you will burn out the motor. So make sure if you can hear the motor trying to run, then make sure something is actually moving. LOL
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

I always used to do this when i had my car, and that is why i always say poke anything that is not working. :D
What i did to stop this stupid thing was, I took out the whole sunroof one day(takes only 20 mins if you read the online shop manual), took it all apart, cleaned all the rails and everything (damn it was dirty) and applied a good amount of grease where needed, and installed it back in the car.
I also did the exact same thing on my power window system, and it worked 1000X better afterwards.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

If you grease the back part (I think it's the rubber sealing) then it shouldn't get stuck as much.<p>That helped mine some.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)

Return to “Appearance”