MX3 / RX8

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Dragon1976_27

MX3 / RX8

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

Ok it's been a long time since I've posted on here, and I certainly hope this is in the right forum. IS IT POSSIBLE TO INSTALL THE RX8 MOTOR in the MX3? If so, has anyone done it, or is anyone planning to do it? Pics would be great if you have any or any breakdowns of what you're doing if you care to share. If this has already been asked forgive me for my ignorance as I could find nothing on this subject.

Cheers!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MX3 / RX8

Post by Custommx3 »

Not unless u got a crapload of money, then anything is possible.

BNut as far as bolt in.. no.
Besides the Renesis motor is more expensive than about 3 mx-3s.
Why bother?
Dragon1976_27

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

Was actually just curious Barry, but thanks for the response. My actual plans are to do the KLZE swap, and possibly bore it out to 2.6, or 2.7. A friend of mine wants to hit the 300hp mark without turbo, supercharge, or NoS. Do you think it can be done?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

A fully built NA application may wield around 300-hp, but at the cost of several thousand dollars or more.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

thats gonan be expensive too to hit 300 HP, GL w/ axles too. 300 Hp... they wont last. Unfortunatley you wont get 300 HP out of a KLZE w/ bolt ons. and the compression is so high, I dont think u'd get 300 w/ f/I without tearing something up.
Dragon1976_27

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

My mechanic friend was talking about boring out the throttlebody, reprogramming the ECU, changing over to forged pistons, forced air intake like the green MX3 they used to feature on the FX designs web (through the hood), ACT stage 2 racing clutch, 2.75 inch exhaust, port and polish, changing the gear ratios, and a stage 3 axle. I understand most of it and what it all does, but don't know myself either if the 300hp mark can be achieved. (250+ is a definate reality though) :D
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

better turbo a KL. All you mentioned wont get u close to 300. The motor is already @ 10:1 compression BTW.
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

nice dream (300 hp N/A) :crying:
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

Originally posted by Dragon1976_27:
(250+ is a definate reality though) :D
Slowww down paco! :roll:
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

somewhere they have 450+HP N/A KL03 engines on record. Havn't seen them for myself yet tho. Anyhow, 300HP is very doable with the stock internals of the KLZE. Tuning is key tho. I believe Sean Matthews is running over 300BHP. I wouldn't suggest it because reliability will be sacraficed.

KLZE has 10:1 CR that is assumed to be 'unboostably high' but the higher CR gives for more power. Remember the Integra has 11:1 CR and finds boost to be very tastful. Don't use CR as a deciding factor.

But N/A it's going to be a B*tch to get 300BHP without truckloads of cash.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
13flat

Post by 13flat »

"But N/A it's going to be a B*tch to get 300BHP without truckloads of cash."

i dont know if you'll get 300 even w/all kinds of cash, i've been saving up for 8 months now (almost 10k), got all my parts ordered (ze swap and then some) and i think i'll be lucky, DAMN LUCKY, to push 250 (n/a). there's only so much you can do to the ze to push up the HP. a supercharger should put you over the top...whos that lazier guy??
Goal: 1/4 mile time of 13.099 or better, N/A. ...still in the works

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?ittfund
Dragon1976_27

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

WOW! Thanks for all the replys, especially the one about the pyjamas, you guys are all very funny, and very informative. My biggest problem with the idea of the turbo is that I understand basic mechanics of a NA engine, but turbos confuse me. Isn't there alot more maintenance and tuning to do with a turbo'd engine? I know alot of the owners on this site have the klze swap, some with the turbo, what's the average bhp with the KLZE Turbo'd? (I know that one is probably posted somewhere on this site, so please forgive me if I'm asking a repeated question)
Cheers! (I love my car :love: )
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

The amount of maintenence on a turbo is strictly related to the setup and what quality it is. If you spend the proper amount on engine management a turbo can outlast the car its in. Problem is most people worry about spending more money piecing together a "kit" than spending on efficient management of a turbo system. Tuning is always required when you're truly modding a vehicle... But you'd probably have to do more tuning trying to acheive 300hp N/A than you would setting up a turbo correctly and having an ECU which could manage it.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Dragon1976_27

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

:welder:
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Nobody here has a KLZE turbo. There is a guy on ProbeTalk though boosting a KLZE with 8psi and its like 320whp. Ran mid 12 w/o traction. Very nice, my boys about to do that to his Probe too.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”