pakfeifer kit q's

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
thebox

pakfeifer kit q's

Post by thebox »

well i read everything i could find on the pakfeifer kit, but couldn't find anything about how it will fit. anybody speak from experience? i thought i remembered reading somewhere that something important had to be cut in order to fit this bumper but i can't find it again...I want a kit that isn't going to be hard to make it fit and i really like the pak kit.
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
thebox

Re: pakfeifer kit q's

Post by thebox »

just thought i'd add... i like onderground design's protege 5 style front but i read that is a horrible fit... true or not? thanks =)
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I installed my Pakfeifer bodykit myself and i have to admit it was pretty easy to install..Everything fits like a glove...I never did this before and I managed to do a great job installing it..Not like those fx kits ..My rear bumper was an fx and it was a pain to installed..had to cut the bumper cuz it was sticking out of the car..anyways about the Pak front end you don't have to cut anything tho you have to take out that reinforced bar that goes across the car...hope this helps...
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
thebox

Post by thebox »

what is the reinforced bar exactly?
1992 MX-3 GS

Post by Guest »

I think its the bbar protecting your rad and engine in a headon collision! I think its not very advisable, but as for the pak kit, its sexy and good from what I hear, go for it man.
Gillis

Post by Gillis »

I can give you some info this week....I ordered my kit and it should be here wednesday..The only piece that i got from pak is the front so i can let u know this week!!!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I think its the bbar protecting your rad and engine in a headon collision! I think its not very advisable, but as for the pak kit, its sexy and good from what I hear, go for it man. <hr></blockquote><p>yes exactly, that's the bar i was talking about..not hard to remove tho..it's just not safe
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

I painted and installed my MP5 front bumper myself and had no problem, I don't think any kit is a perfect fit, maybe fellow MX-ers could elaborate !my cardomain!
DVH

Post by DVH »

easiest front i have ever put on and strongest....and i have had 4 differnt fronts!!!lol
As for the bar these guys are talkin about , its called a re bar....and YES , it does protect u in a head on collision.....and i don't have one...hmmm, sounds safe..lol
later and good luck! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4

Return to “Appearance”