FX DESIGNS COMBAT BUMPER! HELP!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
pcperez83

FX DESIGNS COMBAT BUMPER! HELP!

Post by pcperez83 »

Hey guys I installed the fx designs combat bumper but now i have a few questions. I noticed after i installed it there is no spot for the signal lights? I have the corksport clear lenses so i need some ideas on how to install them? I had to remove the front bumper reinforcement because the fx designs bumper wouldn't fit with it on so drilling the signals in to that is out of the question. Also i have installed a grill/mesh yet so i just would like to know if there is a special type of cement or puddy that i need to use. Any info would help alot. Thanks alot guys.
pcperez83

Re: FX DESIGNS COMBAT BUMPER! HELP!

Post by pcperez83 »

bump
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

c'mon somebody? someone has to know how to do this?
rece

Post by rece »

i dont know myself but im sure if u come to the next meet one of the guys that have the fx bumper can tell you anything you need.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Soulflare

Post by Soulflare »

The FX kit is quite a hassle to install as it was not the best design...u will need some custom work to fit the signals....first u can either use the OEM signals or buy other ones... My suggestion is to buy other signals as the OEM ones are too short and don't fit well... I found that the CRX ones fit really well and looks really nice too as u can get clear ones from really cheap since its so common. There is few ways u can get the signals on... the most common way is to glue it on... Urehane works well. The 2nd way would be to make custom brackets for it.. basically u can use fiberglass to mold a custom mold / bracket to the back and attach it to the bumper. As for the grill/mesh.. just use a hot glue gun and glue it on ... bend the mesh on the edges so it will just fit over the back of the grill of the bumper. U may want to use a little bit of urehane to hold it also just at the corners as the hot glue isn't strong enough... not too much tho cuz it will be hell removing them afterwards.... Also it would be alot safer and easier for all work if u kept the V Bar (einforcement bar) and it is possible to fit the bumper with it too...
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
* FX cHiCk *

Post by * FX cHiCk * »

You can use the clear signal lights from a 90 Integra or 90 Civic or anything else that will fit into those spots. You don't need to glue them on but you can bolt them to the bumper through the bottom. If you go to our website, [url=http://www.fxdesigns.com,]www.fxdesigns.com,[/url] there is an install video.<p>Jessica
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i didn't do it myself but my buddy's shop owner installed my oem turn lights on fx designs.. he cut corners on reinforcement and then screwed it in and fits very well. cant make pics right now, my cam is broke.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

thanks alot for some replies guys, i really need the help. Where can i get some good mesh? i went to home depot the closest thing they had was chicken wire, and that wouldn't look good. Any reccomendations? And RECE when is the next meet? Thanks
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

by the way i looked at fxdesigns.com and i found no install video on these signal lights? anybody else? Thanks.
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

no I looked earlier too when she first posted and saw nothing meant to reply but got held up hope she responds and correctes this.
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

The video is right on the homepage. It shows the install of the combat front bumper and side skirts. It's just under the two attractive young ladies. I can see how perhaps your attention wasn't on anything else on that page. :) ...took me a while to notice it.
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

It show's how to install the bumper and side skirts but doesn't show anything on the signals. does anybody know where i can get some info?
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

ok so does anyone know what the best way to install signal lite on these front kits?
urbanized

Post by urbanized »

pedro there is a meet in calgary on april 24th, it will be around the sunridge mall area and there are a few people that have the fx design bumper and we would be glad to give you a hand getting eveything on right. If you want to know more just check out the website ... www.mx-west.com/calgary or e-mail me at justin.ollerich@mx-west.com, talk to you later
Justin Ollerich - Vice-President
MX-West Calgary Division
1992 Gold Saphron MX-3 RS
Sponsored By Quantem Tek Alloys

Return to “Appearance”