Disapointment, Corksport.........

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
treckrtj

Disapointment, Corksport.........

Post by treckrtj »

I ordered a MS style front bumper. Paid 400 for the bumper and shiping. Got it to the body shop today, and they said it would bve 300 more than the origional estimate cause the bumper was in such terrible condition. I couldn't beleive it! I have extreme trust for this body shop, and I KNOW they're not ripping me off. It's not a factor. But I am pissed. They e-mailed me pics of it and it had holes in the surface that would need to be filled, huge runs in the plastic itself. Just lots of crap. So, has anybody had any other bad experiences with Corksport? If so, what did you do? If they don't take care of this, I recomend that NOBODY does buisness with them!!
Soulflare

Re: Disapointment, Corksport.........

Post by Soulflare »

Hmm... u may want to give them a call then... but i'm sure it is not all like that... In fact when I got mine it was fine in great condition... the only hassle is that u will have to relocate the signal holder clips and cut ur own holes for the signal to fit....would of save some work if its pre done.
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

mine had flaws too, I said screw it and delt with it.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by treckrtj:
I ordered a MS style front bumper. Paid 400 for the bumper and shiping. Got it to the body shop today, and they said it would bve 300 more than the origional estimate cause the bumper was in such terrible condition. I couldn't beleive it! I have extreme trust for this body shop, and I KNOW they're not ripping me off. It's not a factor. But I am pissed. They e-mailed me pics of it and it had holes in the surface that would need to be filled, huge runs in the plastic itself. Just lots of crap. So, has anybody had any other bad experiences with Corksport? If so, what did you do? If they don't take care of this, I recomend that NOBODY does buisness with them!!<hr></blockquote>
Well I am there weekly and I have never seen a bad bumer. Yes sometimes there are small imperfections on the surface but I have never seen "runs in the plastic" Can you post the pics you got? If you need someone to host them for you email them to me. Maybe then we can see what you are talking about. I am sure that if there are serious issues with the bumper that they will take care of you.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

"runs in the plastic" lmao :D i dont think theres "runs in plastic" and yeah like jarid said post em pics for us to see, if u want i can hook u up with install for $100+they will relocate ur stock turns whatever u need. ;)
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
treckrtj

Post by treckrtj »

I just talked to the guy at the body shop. The pics I saw weren't that precise. He sent them to me through AIM with that direct connect stuff. So not saved. But he just said he will e-mail them to me ASAP. The run he said is obvious in a pic, which I saw easily. The little stuff: he is gonna put on some black powder they use for identification of imperfections so it's obvious in pics. CJThor, will send them to you for hosting ASAP. He said I will get them either tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks all for your quick responses!! And Custom, I wouldn't mind and say screw it, but I got really little $$$ :) lol watch for the pics.........
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

I got mine a week ago, so I'm guessing ours went out from Corksport around the same time. <p>Mine didn't have 'runs in the plastic' - is it just the fibers you are talking about? My bumper had a few surface flaws and rough spots, but I just sanded them out...<p>I'm more confused about how to deal with the turn signals, Custom or CJThor: how did you get your turn signals to fit, I'm not sure what to do... <p>Thanks, and Good luck, I hope yours gets fixed! :cool:
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
treckrtj

Post by treckrtj »

more than just fibers. more like a giant gorge-type scuff or somethin like that. We'll see once I get the better pics. And are you just painting it yourself??
treckrtj

Post by treckrtj »

lol alright. I just got word back from Ben at corksport. He said to send him some pics and we'll see what happens. He said he sells about 2 a week, and gets no complaints. So thats good. I'm just glad he responded quickly!
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

Trecker - send me the pics when you get them... email them to roiandus808@cs.com and I will try and help you out...<p>I am painting it once the weather gets better, I work at a body shop on my free days here in Concord, and I can help you out - email me bro! <p>By the way... CJThor and Custom... If you guys could reply to my previous post here... Thanks! :cool:
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I left my sidemarkers off. Mine also had a few blems but were cleaned up before paint. A little filler and some hand sanding did the trick.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

Jarid... how did you do the blinkers??
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I dont understand the question. I just took the bulb outta the sidemarker and zip tied up the harness and don't use them. The front blinkers were already there.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

My bad, let me clarify what I was asking... When the bumper is shipped to you, the turn signal housings are not prefitted and the necessary holes are not drilled. Therefore, I was wondering how you modified your bumper to make the turn signals fit.... like where you cut out and where you drilled holes, etc. Thanks!<p>[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: Johns93GS ]</p>

Return to “Appearance”