Disc Simulators

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
craftydarren

Disc Simulators

Post by craftydarren »

Has anyone seen what disc simulators look like on a MX-3? Or on any car?<p>Here is what I am talking about:<p>http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/315/CategoryID/25/SubCategoryID/299<p>They are not that expensive so I wonder if they would look good and how sturdy they are.
16" ASA wheels, Yokohama Prada Spec 2 tires, Tokiko Premium struts, H&R Lowering Springs.
EBUCKS

Re: Disc Simulators

Post by EBUCKS »

NO! Are you going to then paint red calipers on the discs? Bud save your money for the real thing. $100 USD is just not worth it, IMO.<p>one
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

haha I don't know I guess that depends on your preference, personally I looked at that site and I think they look pretty dope. But they are kinda a rip considering it's just 4 little pieces of metal for 100 bucks.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
craftydarren

Post by craftydarren »

I have drum brakes in the back. I've also considered painting them silver with the Folia Tec paint - and I do actually want to paint my front calipers red. It's just that I can't seem to find the Folia Tec paint sold anywhere online.
16" ASA wheels, Yokohama Prada Spec 2 tires, Tokiko Premium struts, H&R Lowering Springs.
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> I have drum brakes in the back. I've also considered painting them silver with the Folia Tec paint - and I do actually want to paint my front calipers red. <hr></blockquote>
There you go! That's it! And that looks damn good fo sho! :D <p>one
miztahfoolish

Post by miztahfoolish »

You are now an official RICER...and a FAKER...BWAHAHAHAHAHA
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p4db0456187afaea6516e8ae8416d551e/fc2a74e5.jpg
Purchased the MX-3 GS bone stock on Feb 03, 2003 for 2G's...Modifications so far...custom 2.5" aluminized piping Catback Exhaust with 3.5" Dual Tip Stainless Muffler, custom Short Ram Intake, 1.80 drop with ZX2 Tokico struts & Dropzone lowering springs, smoked sunroof & window wind deflectors, optional rear mud guards, Kenwood CD deck, 2 10" MTX 6000A subwoofers, Phoenix Gold X2200 amplifier, 6.5" Pioneer 200w 3-way front & rear speakers...<p>Parts sittin' in the garage: corksport MS style front bumper<p>Other project rides: 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS, 95 Mazda Protege LX...pictures at http://www.geocities.com/foolishheart08
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

You could buy 2 cross drilled and slotted rotors for $100.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
craftydarren

Post by craftydarren »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 992mmx3:
You could buy 2 cross drilled and slotted rotors for $100.<hr></blockquote><p>I've got 2 slotted rotors coming from corksport. But were you talking about rotors for the back? I didn't know if it was possible to replace the drums with rotors. I would probably do that if it is possible (and not very expensive like over $500).
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

nope, not talking about the back ones, the gs comes with 4 wheel disc brakes though, converting from drums to disc is quite a task, don't know exact costs though.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Its not tooo bad of a task.. You need the rear spindles off a GS, the E brake cable, and then the calipers, brake hoses, and rotors. Find someone with a wrecked GS.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

Rice Rice Baby!!!! Get the real thing damnit!! don't be a rice boy!!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

you can buy cheap rotors at nopionline that are cross drilled & slotted for all 4 wheels. ~$50 for them

Post by Guest »

RICE RICE BABY! save up for real rotors and brakes.
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

Agreed :)

Return to “Appearance”