Washer LED's and Blinker Lights...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Nd4SpdSe

Washer LED's and Blinker Lights...

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

A friend of mine's friend install some washer LED's and he said the way he (accidentally) wired the, they blink off when the blinkers flash on<p>Now, personally, i'm not too fond of them, however, i was thinking of having them, but only blinking when i use my flashers.<p>Just wondering, i'm not sure if it had been done, but would that look good or even more ghey?<p>[ March 04, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Re: Washer LED's and Blinker Lights...

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

it would look real good but they are illegal to have on while driving you know...
unless its different in Canada
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i think there quasi-illegal here, like underbody neons (i have them) but a bit worse, but if your using them for signalling, i think it becomes alot more debatable
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

i had it connected to my buddy's headlight wires, whenever he turn on the light it would go on. :shrug:
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

certain colors are illegal, i use to have the ultra white ones to match my head lights , those were legal, all the gay funky color ones are illegal
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

but i want blue :( <p> :D <p>Actually it would be nice if and when i get blue turn signals
sheller

Post by sheller »

You can't use blue. Blue is reserved for police only. That's why fire trucks, ambulances, tow trucks, and everything else only use red and amber lights.
Of course everything is fine and dandy until you get pulled over by a cop that is just looking for things to give you a larger ticket. <p>Steve
JMazdaKTEXmx3

Post by JMazdaKTEXmx3 »

wire them to your dimmer(i have blue ones btw) :D <p>i havnt gotten hassled yet but i know on base (i am military brat) i cant have them on at night....another option run it to a little kill switch wich here in few weeks any extra lights i have on my car will be wired<p>[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: JMazdaKTEXmx3 ]</p>
If Speed Cost Money...Im Gunna Be SLOWWWW!
chrisboden

Post by chrisboden »

Since I've put more lights on a street vehicle than anyone else in America most likely I should post on this :) <p>These are the laws in the state of Michigan, but apply for most of the USA.<p>1. To have a lightbar you have to be registered as an Emergency Vehicle, you have to fill out a form and pay $250. I did this for Geek-3 :) <p>2. You can only have Clear or Amber showing front and sides. And only Red showing rear. This is highway legal.<p>3. In a parking lot/show, or other demos OFF A PUBLIC STREET anything goes.<p>4. There are brightness and height laws for headlamps (you can't have a gigantic overhead lightbar of headlights).<p>5. Blue is RIGHT OUT and reserved for Police only, they WILL hammer you on this one in a hurry.<p>6. Neons are illegal, both undercar and plate frames.<p>7. Green is reserved for Airport use. In some places, so is Purple.<p>8. Anything that strobes or flashes is illegal.<p>For the record, on Geek-3 I have a full strobe lightbar, and firetruck strobes (much brighter than those wus strobes you get at the auto parts store and about 10x more $$$) located inside the turn signals, under the car, and in the grill. Geek-3 has foglights in the grill and under teh ends of the lightbar. 80 LEDs in the front grill (Bi color Green-Yellow), 80 in the rear (YEllow-Red), and 250 down each side (Green-Yellow) each light is under individual computer control.<p>It's psychedelic. :)
Christopher "Duck" Boden
President/C.E.O.
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup.org
Because the Geek shall inherit the Earth!
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Those are pretty much the same exact rules here in WA.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

in Canada, Ontario anyway, Emergency vehicles, including police are Red and White, only slow plows are blue, neons supposibely arent illegal (friend talked to a cop)<p>[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]<p>[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
Moc5Mazda

Post by Moc5Mazda »

It must be diffrent from state to state. I have Red washer lights and red front turn signals and I have not had any problems with the cops. I have actually had a cop complement me on them. The only thing I have really gotten some trouble with is the strobe lights in the head lights and the grill.
JMazdaKTEXmx3

Post by JMazdaKTEXmx3 »

its really simple dont be retarded and flash your lights all the time....in almost every town there is a meeting spot where everyone hangs then at curfew the cops come and kick everyone out, now if i had tons of lights, that would be the time to do it. give people a good chance to go "oooooo and ahhhhhhh" not "what in the hell-o was that bright "light" that just passed us" the purpose of getting underbody neons, etc. is for looks and show, so why flash them on the street when people will get a glimps...turn them on in the parking lot when people get a chance to check your car out....k i think im done ;) yea ive been pulled over but he didnt say anything about my blue washer lights...i have to go get my licence renewed within the next week anyways ill ask if the have something i can take home with me and read up on texas codes as far as lights are concerned
If Speed Cost Money...Im Gunna Be SLOWWWW!

Return to “Appearance”