Corksport or MP-5???

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Johns93GS

Corksport or MP-5???

Post by Johns93GS »

Hey guys everyone help me out!!!!<p>Corksport Bumper: Cheap, Sporty, Easy to Install<p>MP-5 Bumper: BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!<p>which one should I get?? :eek:
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
Tyler17rose

Re: Corksport or MP-5???

Post by Tyler17rose »

I personally like the Mp5 sOOO much! <p>But it does look alittle on the brittle side and the corksport bumpers seem to live forever.. so its up to you!
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Runninit

Post by Runninit »

Go for the mp5 style front bumper very good qualityi have seen it and its looking very clean and nice :) check the group buy
Mx-3 all the way baby! It aint a girls car thats all i have to say...
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Well since I have both I will add my two cents.
The MP5 bumper is a THICK bumper. It is very durable but I think the bottom could use some reinforcement. Wasn't too hard to cut the black plastic bumper behind either. Bolting it up is a different story. You pretty much have to guesstimate where to drill the holes.
The Corksport bumper has a little less fiberglass and is a lil more flimsy. Not like its gonna fall apart or anything....Dont't get me wrong. This bumper goes on without modification and actually has impressions of the original bolt locations so you can drill them and bolt right up.

Can you see my dilema?? I think I am going to stick with the MP5. I think it should be ok, just have to re route the intercooler piping now... Hope this helps.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

Thanks Jarid, that does basically cover all I needed to know.... <p>I have decided however, because I have NO money and I live in an area where I would bottom out with the MP-5 constantly, I have decided to go with the Corksport... <p>Thanks for all your help, you guys are amazing! :)
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3

Return to “Appearance”