Those in Ontario

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Phire

Those in Ontario

Post by Phire »

Can you tell me if neon interior lights or neon underbodies are illegal?<p>Thanks
Andrew_Pakula

Re: Those in Ontario

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Technically yes.....
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

as long as you can escape the cops, its legal,,, :D :D :D
Phire

Post by Phire »

Well I realize the underbody kit would be but even interior lights are illegal too?
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

no thats not true they are legal as long as the tubes are not physically visable while driving........they either have to be hidden by something or defused by something........so that all you see on the road as you driving is the glow from the lights........if a cop can physically see the tube then it is illegal........i asked a cop and if they do give you a ticket take it to court and 9 of 10 time the cop will not show up or it will be thrown out.........
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by caveman:
no thats not true they are legal as long as the tubes are not physically visable while driving........they either have to be hidden by something or defused by something........so that all you see on the road as you driving is the glow from the lights........if a cop can physically see the tube then it is illegal........i asked a cop and if they do give you a ticket take it to court and 9 of 10 time the cop will not show up or it will be thrown out.........<hr></blockquote><p>
TRUE, but having all that sh!t on while driving on the road draws unneccesary attention to you.. why would you want to drive around with it on if the cops will bust your balls about it? sure it looks cool, but worth the hassle? not imo, but yeah as long as the tube isnt visible, im 99% sure youre alright. lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i have my tube under the dash in the middle (under dash behind console) so the glow is not visible from outside unless you're in a high vehicle like a bus or truck, but you can still see the floor glow. the other two tubes are under each seat. i noticed i never turn them on anymore.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
BlazerCrew

Post by BlazerCrew »

Do I understand right... the underbody kit is legal if the cops cannot see the bulb? The same with interior? I don't know much about wiring the underbody kit but I really want them. Would it be easy to install or would it be expensive to have someone install it for me? Plus where is the best place to buy them? Thanks! :p
Mx-3's rule
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

It's illegal to drive with them on. However, it's not illegal to have them. That's just stupid, but that's how it is IN ONTARIO.<p>one
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I know that in the Toronto area I don't see them very often on cars.<p>However I remember in Hamilton when my girlfriend used to live there I used to seem them all the time on imports and domestics!<p>The cops there didn't seem to care too much about them. However in Toronto I think the cops would probably hassle you more about them.
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> It's illegal to drive with them on. However, it's not illegal to have them <hr></blockquote>
I live in London Ontario and that's the way it is here. Also my friend (who is a cop here) said he neededs to look it up again, but he thinks you can't have them in red or blue either because those are cop colors. He is checking it out for me cause i wanted red but we shall see.
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

In our state, its legal too have them on your car, showing or not showing, but you can't have them on in the streets, you can only in parking lots and the like, same for sidemarkers with bulbs with a color other than amber/orange in them.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

IN ONTARIO.........there is no law that actually states that underbody neon kits are ilegal but there is some thing that says if there coloured lights on the car they have to either be defused or the bulb has to be completely out of site..........and only the glow of the light is present.......so that means your are allowed to drive with them on as long as THE LIGHTS ARE NOT VISABLE......i dont know how many times my buddy and i got pulled over while driving and he had the brightest green neons ive ever seen and the cop never said a thing about it to us, and we had them on all the time b4 we got pulled over during being pulled over and after we left from being pulled over........now if you have them and every time you drive by a cop and turn them off when you see the cop of course hes gonna pull you over cause he knows you think that they are ilegal and you wont fight it so its an easy ticket for them.........
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

Cops in toronto are the biggest motha$%ckaz ever,,,,<p>The other day when it was snowing, this oriental motha$%uckin cop stopped me in da middle of da snow near yorkU , and what was his reason,,,!
"nice modified car,,," then he started searchin all around the car and all he found was my on e day expired insurance, just because it was expired for a day,,, and well he gave me a ticket,,,!!!
Why,,, Just because i am a guy who drives a modified car,,,, :D
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i drove with mine on for about 4 months with no problems, and you can see my tubes...i've drive by many cops and no problems, i just make sure to not give them a reason to pull me over...i drove mine from TO mx-3 meets to Home with them on...now i just hafta see how they survive the winter...<p>a friend of mine talked to a cop, he said they dont mind them, but if your driving like an idiot they'll pull ya over<p>[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Appearance”