G-Force quality question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
endocyc

G-Force quality question

Post by endocyc »

Guys Im thinking about buying the skirts from G-Force located here in Toronto, I know that no skirt package will fit exactly with out alittle work involved, so to those who have installed this paticular kit please give me your thoughts on the quality/fit.
HRO

Re: G-Force quality question

Post by HRO »

5 hours work in front bumper to make it perfect, you don't need to do this. I know some people have had 'perfect' bumpers, but mine was not, could have been fluke, but there were air bubbles in between the gel coat and the fiberglass. Side skirts didn't fit, had to shorten, and there was a 1" gap when I put them on the car, so they needed to be cut and refiberglassed in a few spots. if you can do it yourself, it's no big deal. The back bumper was fine.
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Endo,<BR>once you get the skirts, make sure that the fibre glass is smoothe, that the gel coat doesn't have any air bubbles, etc. I think they come primed. Also they probably won't fit properly when you put it up to the car. Put the skirt up to the car (kinda like snap on), and mark out where you will adhere the edges of the kit. Sand this area. Place adhesive (I used urethane) where you have sanded. Fit the skirt up to the car again. Using self tapping screws, drill through the skirt and the body of the car. Do this at random areas where the adhesive is 5 to 6 times. Let the adhesive dry (overnight). Using Bondo or body filler, paste over edges of skirts and screws. Make it look smoothe. Prime and paint area, or whole car. <BR>That's how you have to do it, in order for it to stay on properly and look good. ;) <P>one
momo

Post by momo »

g-force has new body kit coming out.mid january.pics soon..... ;)
HRO

Post by HRO »

momo, isn't it the blitz kit? Cause I really want those side skirts. :) Hopefully my quality will be better this time, I think he must have been rushed last time with the group buy...therefore the quality wasn't as good as it could have been.<p>[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: mx3vs ]
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

MX3VS<BR> Thanks man thats just the stuff I wanted to hear, as for installing the kit my father inlaw is a body man and will have no problem making it look great. <BR> Later guys
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

here we go!!<BR>My mother finally succeeded in braking my G-force kit and lemme show ya the dirtiest show car on the planet!! :D :D <BR> :D :D :D<p>[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: kuruption1983 ]
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Kaveh, you have no turn signals, and you have your mom driving that? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <BR>Steve, what are you using as turn signals again? <BR>BTW enodcyc, the G-Force front bumper offers no area for indicators. You've got to custom do it yourself.<P>one
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

How come you were letting your mom drive the car?<P>I never let any of my family touch my car because I know they could never appreciate or treat it with as much respect as I do.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

Well dude, <BR>when you sit in bed 24/7 and you have notin to do except for readin crap on da net, watchin simpsons, you'll get to a point that you will sacrifice your car.<BR>to be honest, i dont give a $#it about this car anymore, cuz the stupid front is just a huge pain in the ***, she is a great driver, and i could have cracked it the same way. So i dont really blame anyone about this problem, and it will be fixed with like 50, 60 bucks!<P>latez :D
HRO

Post by HRO »

This is where I put my signals, clears from a crx, like the ones DVH and others use in the fx kit. I need some whiter bulbs for them tho.<P> Image
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Sweet!!!! :eek: <BR>Were they easy to install?<BR>I'm using dual bulb fog lights as indicators. They draw too much power from the battery though. <P>one
HRO

Post by HRO »

Hey,<BR>I had to fiberglass tabs to mount them to when I was getting the bumper ready to paint, not too much work, I used the factory bulbs and harness and just pluged them into the new clears. They work really well, and they are low to the ground, which I really like. I went to many shops trying to find signals that would fit the street fighter bumper, but no one could find them for me.
DVH

Post by DVH »

Looks very sweet steve, i never knew what to do when i had my g-force front, mine signals were just dangling out.....lol, <BR>good job :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4

Return to “Appearance”