a lil much?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
rwstud427

a lil much?

Post by rwstud427 »

i just got back from a local tinting shop and they told me that it would cost my $235 to get my windows tinted, w/ 35% on the sides and any % i want in the back. they also told me that it would be $30 to put a 5% banner on the front windshield. And all this came w/ a life time warranty.<BR>does this sound a lil steep to anyelse? or should i look for another place?
Becker

Re: a lil much?

Post by Becker »

:eek: That sounds relly high, i'm in Canada and Pearl Autocare quoted me 180$ for the 2 doors and the back hatch and thats Canadian $$$ were talkin here, maybe it's the lifetime warranty i forgot to ask about warrenty's. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
94 V6 GS Teal
I'm Not C0CKY....Just Perfect
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Beck - Final Lap in Kanata will do the side windows, the hatch, and a sun strip for $160. That's where I got mine done.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I looked around Utah for the best price and I got quoted $200+ by some places. Then I decided on a place called "Hint of Tint". They did an excellent job on my cuzinz car and only quoted me (and him) $125 w/ lifetime warrenty
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

C'mon guys, paying to get yer tints done? take yer time 'n use lots of soapy water :roll:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
Becker

Post by Becker »

canadian_ice....thanks :) i was gonna check them out but a freind of mine said there were the same price so i didnt bother....guess i'll go there it's closer too, i'm just across terry fox
94 V6 GS Teal
I'm Not C0CKY....Just Perfect
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

all the local places told me it would be 115 for the hatch in 5%
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

yeah, thats really high, i did mine with 20% on the sides, 5% on the back and 5% across the front all for $150 flat cdn with a lifetime warrenty, it does help that i know the owner of the business personally but the place i went charges 200 flat for everything and thats cdn, yeah thats way to high
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

The place I went to put vinyl at the top of the hatch, and is going to paint the area around the LED brake light still. I have 5% on the back, and I will have him do the sides still. Don't remember what kind of deal I got, but it was 50$ cheaper than the place I got my last car done.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

We had our car done and it was over $300.<BR>It has a slightly mirrorlike look to it and it is metalized. It is guaranteed not to fade or turn purple. It blocks out UV rays and makes a huge difference in heat blockage. It also came with a lifetime transferable warranty (he said that even if I intentionally scratched it that they would replace it). We had this done over 4 years ago and it is still perfect.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

All of you guys are so lucky. I live in California, where everything is 10 times more expensive than any other place, besides New York. I got the back done for $100. Everything would've bene around $250usd. That's expensive.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Beck - nice! Im at university now, but I live in rural kanata, near Dunrobin/Carp. Did you check out the ottawa mx-3 club webpage? I have a bunch of people to add when i go home in a few weeks.<P>Oh crap, sorry man, I'm actually not too sure about the tinting price now. It may be $250. I paid $100 because I also traded my rear hatch garnish to a guy that worked there at the time. Give them a call and find out - 8360987 i believe.<P>Sorry for the trouble...<p>[ November 24, 2002: Message edited by: canadian_ice ]
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i got my eclipse tinted for 165
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Appearance”