glass headlights finally

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
marshmallow15

glass headlights finally

Post by marshmallow15 »

hey all. ive found a local custom glass shop that'll make some glass lenses for my mx-3 for only $15 each with labor and materials included. im putting them on myself, but before i put them on, im installing some bmw angel halos that i bidded on ebay. if all goes successful, i should have the glass lenses and the halos installed by the end of the month.<P>i suggest finding a local glass shop to make lenses for you because its not very expensive!
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: glass headlights finally

Post by Custommx3 »

if they turn out.... maybe you could set up a group biuy, lots would be interestd in that. I myself dont havew the time to go to the local places here. IM pretty sure lots here are in the same predicament.
rwstud427

Post by rwstud427 »

so would the lenses be clearer than the stock headlights? i would be interested in a group buy...how much for a pair?<P>Aaron<BR>1993MX-3
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

I would be in on that group buy(after some pics of course).
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Skiddy

Post by Skiddy »

I would be interested in glass headlights as well if there would be a group buy on them. If I had time to go and look for a place to make them i would, unfortunally i dont have alot of free time.
Skiddy
94' MX-3 RS Sparkle Green
Suspension Technique Springs
MS Style Nose
OEM Side Skirts
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

im bringing the car in next friday when i get my paycheck. i should have the lenses done by the same day, or so the guy says, and i'll stop by my friend's house to take some digital pics. ill keep y'all posted.
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Count me in for a set. Can't wait to see how it looks.
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

its not confirmed if the glass headlights will work because i believe the plastic lenses have those ridges and bumps on the inside to help project the light? if not, then im sure it'll work.
- team slideways
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I would definatly be in on that group buy. I was debating on making my own but I don't really have the time to do so right now. I'd love a pair tho.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Post by Guest »

Yeah, the ridges are to help project the light on the road. So I dont know what straight glass would do.

Post by Guest »

hmmm i think if worse comes to worse you'd have to get eye brows to consentrate the light downwards a bit, maybe those halos will even help, but i think the headlight bulb and assembly are already designed to point the light forward, besides theres not much those lines will do but cascade the light a bit so you dont go blind looking at them.

Post by Guest »

wow this whole custom headlight thing has got me thinking, Im looking at my phone book and theres actually alot of custom glass shops around, and if you think about it, they can add different minerals and chemicals to alter the shade and reflective nature(for lack of a better word)of the glass. Just think you could make crystal headlights if you want, from what i remember crystal is glass with led content. But ya it makes ya think, or if you wanted a slight red hue or something. <P>Hey marshmellow, you should ask your glass guy about that stuff, see if the glass would still be strong enough with additives, and what types of things you could do with glass.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i would also be interested in a group buy, post pics dude!
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

pics will be up by this coming friday/saturday (next week)....gettin them done by friday.
- team slideways
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

hey if theres a group but im in but would we have to send our lights assemblies in or would we have to seal them ourself?
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!

Return to “Appearance”