Interior

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Gillis

Interior

Post by Gillis »

I have painted the inside vinyl pieces and i want to do the cloth in the door's and seats....Can we get kits for the mx3 or does anyone have a suggestion to how to change colour or material?????

Re: Interior

Post by Guest »

ya berry clark has a walk through on his site about doing the fabric on the doors, im personally going to try dying them with black fabric dye,just to see if it works, seats on the other hand, youll either be getting them re-done or buy new seats.
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

heres a picture of mine, I followed jeff abrams site at <A HREF="http://www.mazdamaniac.com" TARGET=_blank>www.mazdamaniac.com</A> <P>Be prepared for a journey man, takes a while. Take your time youll be happy in the end. Or you could buy mine!! :)<P> Image <BR> Image
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
quickstarx

Post by quickstarx »

Do not even try this. i tried to do mine in white and got it to work. then it got hot and the glue screwed up and it didnt even stick to the doors anymore. i ended up having to buy new door panels. It took so long to do and there were still wrinkles in the fabric. my suggestion=get done by a shop!
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

ok ok!<BR>first of alll, dont get mad @ me, i am gonna talk about hondas!!<P>anywhoz, i did that one a 96 civic SI that my friend had, the best way to do it, is to do your car and yourself a favour and buy a heat guy, from anywhere. use that to take the original fabric off, you can also use some glue remover liquids, i forgot the name.<BR>Use heatgun to stretch the vinyl over the edges to remove wrinkles off the fabric so it would sit on the door very nicely with no wrinkles unlike mazdamxstyle's and then put the vinyl on and use some silicon glue to hold that, it wont meld in heat and at the end just carefully cut the unused portions.<P>thats the easiest and only possible way to do it yourself and have no wrinkles and at the end be proud that you did it yourself!!<P>sooo thas my tutorial for installing vinyls!<P>latez<BR>Kevin K

Return to “Appearance”