Finally getting somewhere on the CF hood project

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Finally getting somewhere on the CF hood project

Post by cjthor »

Finally! We have a fellow MX'er in Phoenix to get a mold made for a CF hood. I have spoken with him and the owner of the company that is going to try and make these hoods possible. They will be plain CF hoods. No scoops as yet.. They are not sure that it will be worth doing the mold as it is a rare car. We at least need 15 interested parties for them to make the mold. The hoods will be in the 400 dollar range as I have been told by Anthony, the owner. If anyone is interested please leave your name and email address on this thread as they will be checking its progress. Thanks guys.<BR> P.S. A inverted scoop such as the one seen on the sphere graphics car is a possibility.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Re: Finally getting somewhere on the CF hood project

Post by masonholmes »

I'm highly interested, but if it's going to be just a one-off item, I probably shouldn't be counted. I currently have some parts of my car that HAVE to get fixed, before I can even think about aftermarket, so I won't be able to put down the $400 or so. I also really like the idea of an inverted scoop-somthing subtle, but different and functional. As a side note, a lightweight hood would be of great help to all the gimps out there who own MX3's. (I think technically I'm the only one, haha) Being 4' off the ground, and only able to use one arm to push it up, (rather than lift), a light hood would make getting into the engine bay MUCH safer and easier. :) Don't remember if it's in my signature, so here's my info:<P>Mason Holmes<BR>masonholmes@hotmail.com <BR>and/or<BR>mason_holmes@berea.edu<P>AIM name:<BR>tinytacohead<BR>and/or<BR>tinytacoheadtwo
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

that is a great price, but i'd like scoops. i'd buy one either way. count me in. ParagonXV@hotmail.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG>that is a great price, but i'd like scoops. i'd buy one either way. count me in. ParagonXV@hotmail.com</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Inverted scoops or elevated?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Anto

Post by Anto »

Very Interested...<P>Antonio<BR>badboy01@optonline.net
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

You Heard The Man! We Need 15 People To Get This Project Started. $400.00-a-pop, it's the lowest price c/f hood on this bulletin board. If you guys want to check out what kind of work Financial Vision produces, go to <A HREF="http://www.financial-vision.com" TARGET=_blank>www.financial-vision.com</A> ! ! ! ;)
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i am in, inverted would be definitely nice anyways i am in
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

I say a hood that could be used for the b6t, that way we can have a lighter hood that serves two purposes..one its light, two you can get it instead of a scoop for your stock hood with the b6t
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryencool:<BR><STRONG>I say a hood that could be used for the b6t, that way we can have a lighter hood that serves two purposes..one its light, two you can get it instead of a scoop for your stock hood with the b6t</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Probably wont happen. The light part yes but the scoop thing no.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N/A:<BR><STRONG>You Heard The Man! We Need 15 People To Get This Project Started. $400.00-a-pop, it's the lowest price c/f hood on this bulletin board. If you guys want to check out what kind of work Financial Vision produces, go to <A HREF="http://www.financial-vision.com" TARGET=_blank>www.financial-vision.com</A> ! ! ! ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Hey man, gimme a call sometime today I need to talk to ya. 866-747-6464 Ask for Jarid.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

wow, the price is so right. i love plain hood also(looks clean to me). man, i would not have enough money for now, but i hope it would still be available after a groupbuy. :)
mx3boy

Post by mx3boy »

hey count me in, that is not a bad proce at all
95 Black RS
LiVePA8

Post by LiVePA8 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG>Finally! We have a fellow MX'er in Phoenix to get a mold made for a CF hood. I have spoken with him and the owner of the company that is going to try and make these hoods possible. They will be plain CF hoods. No scoops as yet.. They are not sure that it will be worth doing the mold as it is a rare car. We at least need 15 interested parties for them to make the mold. The hoods will be in the 400 dollar range as I have been told by Anthony, the owner. If anyone is interested please leave your name and email address on this thread as they will be checking its progress. Thanks guys.<BR> P.S. A inverted scoop such as the one seen on the sphere graphics car is a possibility.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

sorry jarid, didn't see your reply to mine...i'd like inverted, but elevated, or plain, i want one! that is a killer price!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Allright guys...Looks like we have Nine people so far. We are looking at getting a hood from a wrecking yard. Would anyone like to chip in for this? Mike is trying to locate a hood in Arizona..Prolly around 80 bucks. I have 20 on it..
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Appearance”