custom gauges

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Gillis

custom gauges

Post by Gillis »

I just oredered new gauges from speedhut and when i went to put them on the fuel and temp gauge needles broke......Did this happen to anyone else.....what did u do....I found replacement unit's but they want shitload's for themmm........How did u guys get yours on???
VizualXTC

Re: custom gauges

Post by VizualXTC »

I just had to bend the gauge around the needles.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
cyberphox

Post by cyberphox »

Hey man, I'm in New Glasgow and if you ever get those guages in and working, I wouldn't mind coming to have a look at them.
95 GS Silver Stone Metalic
sampsonmx3

Post by sampsonmx3 »

The first place I went to said they wouldn't warranty work on the mazda gauges. not thinking i said okay and when i got my car back the temp gauge was broken the tach would move verrry slow and stay wherever it wanted to. I had to have my mechanic get a used cluster switch out the ones that worked (electical speedo, and fuel) and do it very carefully and recalibrate the easy way, 25mph at 3000rpm. total cost for white face gauges to be in my car 100gauge covers, 100 for cluster, 300 in labor ( being very generous). But they look great.
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

best thing is to go to a junkyard, the mechanics who put mine in for me broke one too. He said that he couldnt get the needle out so he just used the guage cluster from a an old mx3 that was for parts.
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.

Return to “Appearance”