Whats my theme?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Ryencool

Whats my theme?

Post by Ryencool »

Its getting to the point where my car will not look stock after this winter. After being keyed I have 1350$ and some extra money adding up to almost 2k to spend on upgrades at the end of this winter. Ill have more money by then. My onlu question is what should itlooks like? I love blaze red, but everyone and their grandma gets white rims with this car. I was thinking of getting some Rota Slipstreams ( black ) that look like spoons, I used to dislike blakc but after seeing some nasty dirty white rims I dont want them anymore lol..Everyone think Blaze red and black rims work? I was thinking black decals too, not huge ones covering the car, but just on the side of the door, bumper etc...I think it would look neat, with some red underglows..Gimmie some opinions here? also if it comes down to it, should I drop the b6t in my car, and forget a new paint job for now? or paint, then engine?? or wait till next april and do it all ;)
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
tivo0131

Re: Whats my theme?

Post by tivo0131 »

i'm kinda new to this in the fact that i just bought a car a year ago but my advice to you is that no matter what you do to your car if its your taste and your own style it will look nice if you like it and its original it will look good. the best looking cars out there are original its kinda hard to be original because products are limited to this car but if you think it looks nice who cares what anyone else thinks

Post by Guest »

The only way to be original with a lot of cars, including Hondas, Acuras, etc. is to do full out custom body work. SOOO many people slap a kit on a Civic, give it nice rims, and nice interior, but its not really original. You gotta get headlight conversions, tail light conversions, custom kits, custom interiors, etc. If you want to stand out in the the crowd. Especially in a crowd of Honda's.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

my personal opinion on stickers is if you're not sponsored by that company, why put them on. i'm not hating on people who do, it's just my personal taste. also, i'm more of a "go before show" type of person. add little accents to make it stand out, but i'd go for the engine swap. it's really all up to you.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

Yeah as of right now i hav 2k, so I believe that is enough for a b6t swap and some extra goodies to get the boost up a bit, and a new clutch to handle the power. However like I said somone keyed my car, and part of that 2k is money to get it repainted, so im hesitant to what to do. I dont want stickers all over, I was just mainly referring to a decal on hte windshiled, mazdaspeed one ( black )...and I guess have a red and black, or gunmeatal theme..im thinking 1500$ for the swap, 700$ for some 16's and tires, 1000$ max for a paint job, and like 400$ more to drop it and get some new struts..thats under 4k, not too bad, hopefully after this winter and with a decent tax return ill be close to that, jsut gonna be saving my pennies ;)
92 red rs
performance exhaust
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I'm with Ashley bro, The only reason to sport a sticker is to promote the company. The only one that will be on my car is my Crew banner, and if Jeff permits, an MX-3.com. Other than that, stickers are rice. (IMHO) <P>That said, Personally I would Paint it, drop in the engine, CUSTOM turbo back exhaust, drop, wheels/tires, then upgrade the engine. In that order. As for scheme, I dislike blaze red, but that's my opinion. Red is too "hey, look at me" and it fades too fast. I'd do a nice gloss black with 20 or so coats of clear. Konig Traffik 17's and a hybrid turbo. But if you did that, it wouldn't be your car, it would be mine. Like tivo said, keep it real bro. If YOU like it, do it. f--- what anyone else thinks. Yur not building it for them, yur building it for you. But, you asked for opinions, so I figured I'd give mine. I'm sure any scheme you choose will looke awesome. Just keep it real.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

blaze red + Black rims = :D :D :D :D <P><BR>go for it dude. Im w/ the others about stickers too. I used to have a Mazdaspeed banner, some stickers from a local shop, and some weapon R stickers on my car. I took em all off about a year later because I didnt really like the way it looked. Now i just sport the <A HREF="http://www.iloveraving.com" TARGET=_blank>www.iloveraving.com</A> sticker :D
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

oh yeah as stated before im not going sticker crazy ;), I hate people who now have the MI on there hood, and huge graphics of an idian pointing down the front of there car. I jsut want a black mazdaspeed decal, or a team decal accross my windshield. Im working with anotehr mx3er from around here (maxine), and hes helping my with tha paint job deal, his dad owns a shop, after thats taken care of im gonna purchase the b6t near xmas. wether or not i put it in then or wait till snow to go away isnt made yet. If I can I want to purchase a ms style front , and the new underground designs rear lip that they make..and some ms style sides. Who knows, just ideas , but im definatly goin with the gunmetal rims, dont have to worry about them getting dirty...thanks for all the opinions guys
92 red rs
performance exhaust
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

sounds good then :-)
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

MattPPK007

Post by MattPPK007 »

Hey man, My car is blaze red and im thinking Gunmetal rims would look the best, black is a little too dark on a red car I think. Oh yeah, dont put stickers or graphics on your car, being a ricers isnt cool!
93 GS Blaze Red

Return to “Appearance”