Muffler

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Mx-3Man

Muffler

Post by Mx-3Man »

I heard this civic tonight and I was wondering how he got his performance muffler to make a poping noice whne he took his foot off the gas<BR>idd he increase the psi boost on his engine or something
Darbee

Re: Muffler

Post by Darbee »

hey, i have that popping sound when i took my foot off the gas too.... all i have is a muffler, intake, something that my buddy did to my car... !! <P>is that something like back fire?? or something that do with the pressure thing?<P>
1994 Blaze Red GS<BR>Intrax springs<BR>DTM muffler<BR>B&M Shifter<BR>AEM air filter<BR>AZ-3 Conversion
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Honda's make some weird noises...my guess is that he had some sort of resinator in there. 99% of these just make noise, and don't increase performance at all. Most of the time they hurt the performance because it screws up your back-pressure and all that stuff. Get atleast a cat-back exhaust...mufflers alone don't do much except make noise. <P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

If he was running a turbo the sound that you heard may have been the blow-off valve for the turbo. You can only hear it when they take their foot off the gas for a gear change or quick deceleration. If not then it may have been just a back-fire from unburned fuel. Just a thought. Later, Robert
yeloboy

Post by yeloboy »

alright man. what it was, is nothing but a resonator in place of thier catylac converter.this lets the are flow store up and come out at once to make a loud popping noise that you heard. its not a bad thing or a good thing, but with this it would be best to get a Tsudo exhaust with a resonator if u want the popping. but easy flow will do u better. 4 instance a catback system or Greedy exhaust will bring the best performance.
INFAMOUS YELOBOY

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”