Fiberglass Supplies

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
novadoc

Fiberglass Supplies

Post by novadoc »

I was wondering if any of you guys in canada knew where to pick up some fiberglass supplies<P>havin a wooden box in my trunk is really startin to get to me<P> :mad: <P>peace<P>NoVa
NoVa<p>Image
dam2009

Re: Fiberglass Supplies

Post by dam2009 »

I got some at canadian tire... you can special order the interior paint as well for 30$
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

they have the liquid resin and everything?<P>sweet<BR>ill have to check that out tomorrow<P>has anyone here ever done anything like this by themself? <P>doesnt seem too difficult and those custom jobs cost a fortune if you get it done by a pro<P>NoVa
NoVa<p>Image
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I tried ONE time to work with fiberglass. I found that it is more difficult than it looks. I was trying to cut out a design in the cargo cover and then fiberglass it and it turned out terrible. I ended up wasting about $40 and 4-5 hours of time. I had a real problem with the fiberglass mat trying to stick to the brush rather than sticking to the object. Just a word of warning, that resin is damn near impossible to get off your hands without something like laquer thinner.
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

yeah they got all that stuff (I used to work there)
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RanMan:<BR><STRONG>I tried ONE time to work with fiberglass. I found that it is more difficult than it looks. I was trying to cut out a design in the cargo cover and then fiberglass it and it turned out terrible. I ended up wasting about $40 and 4-5 hours of time. I had a real problem with the fiberglass mat trying to stick to the brush rather than sticking to the object. Just a word of warning, that resin is damn near impossible to get off your hands without something like laquer thinner.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks for the warning man, i got a little extra cash this week so maybe ill give it a shot<P>also, does anyone know how much the g-force body kit costs?<P>thanks
NoVa<p>Image

Return to “Appearance”