fast blinkers and also resonator

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
THStrumpet

fast blinkers and also resonator

Post by THStrumpet »

two questions:<BR>1) I dont know alot about cars, where is the resonator and what does it look like, i know people say they take it out or something.<P>2) I noticed on the way to NOPI the two mx3s i was traveling with had really fast blinking turn signals. Can that be done by tweaking something, or do u have to buy something?
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.
antwawn

Re: fast blinkers and also resonator

Post by antwawn »

he joel is it..its antwawn..my right blinke is extra fast and i dont know why..lol the resontator is between the axuast and cat..its just like a buldge
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THStrumpet:<BR><STRONG>two questions:<BR>1) I dont know alot about cars, where is the resonator and what does it look like, i know people say they take it out or something.<P>2) I noticed on the way to NOPI the two mx3s i was traveling with had really fast blinking turn signals. Can that be done by tweaking something, or do u have to buy something?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>1) the resonator looks like another muffler. It is the first one after the manifold under the car.<P>2) you have a little relay looking box under your dash called a "flasher"(the thing that makes the clicking sound when the blinker is on). Sometimes when they go out, the blinkers will blink really fast. I think there are some flashers that will blink faster than others but I don't know for sure.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

also <BR>you can cut the ground wire on your front turn signals...makes the computer think that your bulbs are out and will make them flash faster........<P>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Joel,<BR>I use LED bulbs in my front turning signals to make my MX blinkers go fast. LED bulbs uses very low current to produce light. It's like the bulb it out. If you have a chance, take out your front turning signal bulb then, put your signal on. Wala, notice your rear blinker. It should be blinking fast. But, this doesn't work for parking lights.<P>Note: LED bulbs should be used only for front turning signals and should not be use for tail lights (this applies for MX-3's)<P>later,<BR>Dee. ;)
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I don't recommend cutting the ground wire.
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

I've got a G-FORCE front bumper and there is no area for front markers. So I replaced the stock bulbs with fog lights with the double bulbs and changed the bulbs to orange. It looks sweet. :cool: <BR>They blink pretty fast, but the fogs are not bright enough when the lights are turned on. I don't think the fog lights are getting enough power with the other lights running off the same fuse. <BR>I think I need a transformer or just wire it completely different. Any suggestions?<P>one
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Re-wire your foglights directly to your battery. You will received all the power it needs to max. the light output.<BR>You are putting too much juice through your wires which was meant for a low power wege bulb and not a high power fog light. These wires may even catch fire :)
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

But I need to have the fogs indicate. If I need a relay, where would it go?
antwawn

Post by antwawn »

i thoght it went manifold to cat to resonator to mufler..thats how mins was [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Tman

Post by Tman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by antwawn:<BR><STRONG>i thoght it went manifold to cat to resonator to mufler..thats how mins was [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>thats how it goes on mine!
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

hmmm... mine goes resonator then cat. Cat-back systems dont come with resonators [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
antwawn

Post by antwawn »

how can ur resonator be in front of your cat....its on the down pipe...so u have to resonators for both downpipes...im confused..most cat back systems dont but i have seen some that add a resonator
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by antwawn:<BR><STRONG>how can ur resonator be in front of your cat....its on the down pipe...so u have to resonators for both downpipes...im confused..most cat back systems dont but i have seen some that add a resonator</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Look under your car. There is a y connector that connects both downpipes and then the resonator is directly after that.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

mines right after downpipe
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Return to “Appearance”