Targa/Target Top

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
shawn2001

Targa/Target Top

Post by shawn2001 »

I don't think anyone has thought of this before, but would a removable hard top look good? I though about it the other day, I'm just getting a quick poll on what the opinion would be due to the moon/sunroof that already exists. Opinions, ideas, questions regarding my sanity? Later
Friends don't let Friends drive STOCK. Life is a Highway, I'm gonna ride it all night long. Mo' Fasta, Mo' Betta
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Targa/Target Top

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i though of it a few times, but im no mechanic, nor am i willing to experiment on my car, especially since i live in canada, winters can be bad. Having no A/C or sunroof, it would be nice on hot days like today<P>it wouldnt be a bad idea if i lived down south,<p>[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
bakedyeti

Post by bakedyeti »

ive thought about it before (actualy i was thinking t-tops but close enough :p ) and the big pain in the a-- would be the automatic seatbelts. they are right in the way.
shawn2001

Post by shawn2001 »

true, the auto-belts would get in the way, buy you could take them out and put a normal one in on the side since the strap is already rolled up on the other side of the seat, then get rid of the sensor for the belts. the only other thing would be the antenna on top.
Friends don't let Friends drive STOCK. Life is a Highway, I'm gonna ride it all night long. Mo' Fasta, Mo' Betta
Gabriel Sandoval

Post by Gabriel Sandoval »

ive thought about it before. the seatbelts i dont think will be hard to deal with at all. the thing that i think would be tough to deal with is the back window. if you make the car a targa you might run into some problems holding the back window (hatchback)
Babie I gots player in me
Ryan Bowen

Post by Ryan Bowen »

I also have thought of this many times. So one day I went to a shop that I heard installs targas so I went there for a price quote. The final cost every thing done complete job totaled $4000.00 Cdn WOW needless to say I did not get it done......
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

$4000.00 Cdn isn't bad at all when you think of what they are doing... did that include paint and stuff?
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
shawn2001

Post by shawn2001 »

Does anyone know about how much $4000 would be in US dollars so some of us have an idea of how much it would cost for us? Just asking
TitanMX

Post by TitanMX »

OK,now wouldn't this ruin the stability of the car? And if you put a targa on it would look funny with the type of doors we have. most targa & convertables have the doors with no top part to hold the glass so then you would have to take the top door part off, plus you might have some problems with the top part of the hatch (were the hinges are) All in all in would cost alot, mess up your car, and if it doesn't work your screwed. I think I'll pass
Shades

Post by Shades »

No doubt... if you cut out the top of your car won't you have to re-enforce the roof incase you roll your car? You don't want to look like a squished cream donut.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Ryan Bowen

Post by Ryan Bowen »

$4000.00 cdn is appox $2700.00 US The guy said that they would be doing some reinforcements to the car.......What I have no idea...... In addition I believe that the the paint and interier mods were included I a targa he did on a blazer, it was ok but I was not interested because I have hear very bad thing about this place.......But this will give something to go by if you are going to a creditable body shop to have this done good luck if you do so...............RYBO
codene

Post by codene »

yeah i liked that idea so im just selling my car and buying a del sol...looks an awful lot like the mx w/out a hatch....plus easier to go faster...
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
bakedyeti

Post by bakedyeti »

yeah the del sol does look alot like the mx without the hatch. i wonder if you could make a removable hatch. that would be cool.

Return to “Appearance”