aluminum spoilers

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
millionflame

aluminum spoilers

Post by millionflame »

Does anyone know of any aluminum spoilers that will actually fit the back of the MX-3???<P>Thanks, Aiden.
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
canadian_ice

Re: aluminum spoilers

Post by canadian_ice »

I have one - made by DAI. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

I don't think you should really try, maybe mount one on the roof and have it lay back really low to prevent drag. But putting a spoiler on the back of your car is supposed to create downforce at high speeds, it won't do any good on a front wheel drive vehicle. Still, some aluminum spoilers look good, all depends on the car.

Post by Guest »

i had a friend was driving his car<BR>it was a saturn fwd car and he was speeding<BR>the back tires did not hold traction and started to slide to the side and when he compensated for it it caught traction and he flipped three times<BR>i'm just saying spoilers on fwd cars can be important at high speeds
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

True, but I never liked Saturn (no offense to your friend). Things like this may be a problem with the MX-3 and other small cars because of the very light weight rear end. Then again overcompensation is a big thing to consider, its also a life taker in the wrong situation.<P>You can solve this problem any way you like, maybe a rear wing may be the right way. However another thing to consider, which I am, is mounting a modified aluminum wing on my hood as a lot of high speed stock cars do. It will certainly help at high speeds for the front wheels, rear wheels are simply a matter of weight dispersal<p>[ July 13, 2002: Message edited by: Hy300 ]
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Would adding some weight by moving some parts of the car to the back help to eleviate this problem of bad traction, with a spoiler???<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canadian_ice:<BR><STRONG>I have one - made by DAI. :)
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

im getting the supra style spoiler,will it help for down forceor is it just there for looks? cjthor if you put that supra spoiler on ebay i will bid
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by williamtauch:<BR><STRONG>im getting the supra style spoiler,will it help for down forceor is it just there for looks? cjthor if you put that supra spoiler on ebay i will bid</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> If you look at the pics of my car it sure looks like it's functional. Not too tall but not too short. I will sell it as soon as I find a low sitting CF wing.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “Appearance”