attempted impossible.....c/f hood

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
marshmallow15

attempted impossible.....c/f hood

Post by marshmallow15 »

ok guys. ive attempted the impossible and have succeeded...well kinda. i stumbled onto a 'how-to: carbon fiber panels' and its a do-it-yourself type of thing....and thats what i love to do...things myself. it was a tutorial on where to purchase epoxy, foam, carbon fiber sheets, and rubber mold compounds to create carbon fiber panels and other materials. well i used the same steps to create a carbon fiber hood for my friend and i was successful. his hood was from a 89 impulse awd turbo, so it was kinda flat and easy. i will be testing it on my mx3 hood once i get my louvers and inverted scoop so my cf hood will have an inverted scoop and louvers. itll be harder since there are more curves. i will try to post pics of my first cf hood soon. the how-to will be available on my website soon as well.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
marshmallow15

Re: attempted impossible.....c/f hood

Post by marshmallow15 »

oh btw...id be happy to try and make cf hoods for you guys as a group buy or something....but ive only done this once and should practice a bit more...and plus i dont think the administrators like it when people use the bulletin board to benefit their business or something.
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

count me in but first it would be nice to see some pics once you're done.<P>Good Luck! :D
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

pics? :o :o
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
DDO49

Post by DDO49 »

Marshmellow where you from in California I might be willing to come check it out<BR>I'm in the Sacramento area
G-Force body kit, 17 inch TSW's, custom sterio and soon swap for KLZE
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea im not going to try to set any up for people until im confident i can create a quality hood. the reason why ny first one was soo good was because the hood on the impulse almost has no curves on it and its completely flat. its like a 2x1 yard of carbon fiber can be the hood already. but it wouldnt be strong enough without the epoxy. so allow me to get more materials and try it out on one of my friend's other hoods which are more curvy so i can practice more. the pics are on film so ill have to develop them first and scan.
- team slideways
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

once i start getting to work on my hood, i can use that as a template for you guys since most of you are interested in cf hoods for mx3s with an inverted hood scoop. the problem is that there will be two louvers in my hood as well and i dont want to distribute these hoods to people so that everyone has the same hood...unless some of you will go for c/f hoods with the stock mx3 look.<P>i would appreciate it if you refer to your cf hood as a 'custom hood made by (put website url here etc.)'....but i would still need permission from the admin to distribute them because i remember one time barry didnt want businesses on the forum or something.
- team slideways
Sean4life6

Post by Sean4life6 »

Be Careful with this guy. He will make a promise but will not deliver. He took my money for a part that he never sent. I will say do what you want but BE CAREFUL....<P>Not a sermon just a thought.<BR>From A Concerned MX-3 Driver/Owner
93 MX3 GSV6 that I am parting out<p>Sean
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I'd like to see pics of this and your famous glass headlamp lens'.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

wow u know this post was like a year old. Why did you bring it back to life? He said the film was destroyed or lost or something.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I'll close it.