Hello all (newbe)

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Schwank

Hello all (newbe)

Post by Schwank »

Hi, Im new, bought a 93 mx3 today, its a base model 4cyl 5 spd with 62k on it. Ill be the second owner, It was taken care of very well, except that I think it must have been in a bad storm recently because it has a bunch of deep scratches in an othersise perfect finish (all the way to the white primer). if anyone has any suggestions on these let me know, I am planning on picking up some touchup paint this weekend and thinning it out but we will see.

anyway, so far great car, interior is perfect, drives like new and it was only 2400 dollars.

When I did a vin search I read that there are 2 recalls on this car. One for the seat belts, and one for the front coils, the front coils I believe was issued oct 10 this year so check it out!

later
millionflame

Re: Hello all (newbe)

Post by millionflame »

Originally posted by Schwank:
.....one for the front coils, the front coils I believe was issued oct 10 this year so check it out!
Never heard of that one. Where did you find that out?

~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

yes it's true.
You can read it on the MX3.com main page by clicking recalls. Front coils known to break in locations that use salt on the roads in winter.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
Csillag

Post by Csillag »

before any panic arises from these recalls, check your VIN at ur local dealer, half the time they don't apply to your vehicle....I checked mine in Ottawa, 'n they said there wasn't anything (in this region, actually, from what I recall), so regardless, check it with them and they'll tell you specifically
Life's short, live it up!<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/csillag
don walker

Post by don walker »

I had both my front coils replaced last winter. It seems they tend to snap close to the bottom of the spring due to corrosion build up on the bottom perch. Aiden,,don't go to Coastline in Campbell River. They were going to charge me whereas Courtenay did it for free with no questions asked.
pull hard,come easy. Second gear is hard at 7300

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”