new tail light idea

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Ryencool

new tail light idea

Post by Ryencool »

I dunno if this would work but could you use the model paint, like when making your lights all red, to modify the new altezzas? I was thinking of using a clearish gray color and spray it over the chrome around the lights on the altezzas, making it almost carbon looking, sound doable?
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
DVH

Re: new tail light idea

Post by DVH »

probably, might look kind of wierd though, cuz the shiney look will be gone, hard to explain, try it though ..<BR>what im doing is painting that amber part of my altezza's red with that transparent red paint.... should look cool, i just really think the amber is ugly! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

There was a guy with a really nice mx-3 who did it... i know its possible and it looked AMAZING...<P>He used red tint paint (usually used for miniature car models) he did 11 coats of paint and then used a "clear coat paint" thing (i dunno... forgot the name) and sprayed is entire lights... the amber (yellow) was exactly the same red as the rest of the light and it look SWEET!<P>I'll try finding a pic of his car for you... good luck with your project and email me if you find some tint paint that works... its really hard to find... no one seams to sell it.<P>nicbeique@hotmail.com
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
mattster

Post by mattster »

i got a new idea if you want carbon fiber look. what i am going to do is use the stock lights, paint the amber part red so that the whole light is red. then i am going to buy some carbon fiber look vinyl from <A HREF="http://www.stickercity.com/ShopKeeper2/ ... ber=carb01" TARGET=_blank>here</A> and do the circle cut out idea like seen at my website. what do you guys think?
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nic Beique:<BR><STRONG>There was a guy with a really nice mx-3 who did it... i know its possible and it looked AMAZING...<P>He used red tint paint (usually used for miniature car models) he did 11 coats of paint and then used a "clear coat paint" thing (i dunno... forgot the name) and sprayed is entire lights... the amber (yellow) was exactly the same red as the rest of the light and it look SWEET!<P>I'll try finding a pic of his car for you... good luck with your project and email me if you find some tint paint that works... its really hard to find... no one seams to sell it.<P>nicbeique@hotmail.com</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>um ,i think that would be jarid....er....cjthor..he had a link to pics of it...
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
DVH

Post by DVH »

yeah that was jarid i think who did that, mine is goin be diffferent though, becasue i have altezza's<BR>later :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

DVH---> let me know how yours turn out if u do use that clear red laquer...i just installed my tails today..and boy do they look good on a red car...so i dunno if i should go that route...???i might just leave them alone..i will have my friend Mike (Zoso124) take a look at them sat and see what he thinks...i will post pics soon :eek:
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
msbmx3

Post by msbmx3 »

hey heather u got to send me a pic when u get one Want to see how they look on a red car<P>matt(msbmx3)<BR>mxtr3me@aol
fatfmx3

Post by fatfmx3 »

i sprayed my tails all red. you car get it at hobby stores, its called candy red

Return to “Appearance”