Should I sand or use Chemicals?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Hemer98

Should I sand or use Chemicals?

Post by Hemer98 »

I am taking paint off of my bumpers and I was wondering if I should sand it or I should use the chemical spray. Also, I have all these knicks and scratches and minor dents around my car, I need to get rid of them, how do do this. E-mail me at Hemer98@aol.com, or just reply in this bb, and I am sure I will get it. Thank you.
rygy2k1

Re: Should I sand or use Chemicals?

Post by rygy2k1 »

Are you familar with what a DA sander is? Are you changing the color of your bumpers? If your not, you don't have to strip them unless they are chipped up really badly. As for the dents around your car, if they aren't too big you can use some plastic filler in the dent and then sand it with 80 coarse. You'll have to prime the spots where you filled then after you prime them you are going to want to wet sand around that area to prep it for the base coat (which I would recoment only 2 to 3 medium coats). Once this sets, your going to have to wet sand that agian (using 400 paper) just to scuff it up to put the clear on. The most important part about painting is blending into the rest of the car, in your case because you are repairing dents. If you have more questions or need some more assistance let me know. I am in the process of repainting my car. My dad owns a body shop and I have been spending the last few weekends wet sanding/stripping and doing all sorts of body work to "maxine". Alright, let me know how it goes.

Return to “Appearance”