Silver Interior?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
tmac

Silver Interior?

Post by tmac »

silver car, silver interior...<BR>tacky? <BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>finally starting to feel like summer, so its time to get to work on the new car.<P>i keep going back and forth on which color to paint the inside, im worried that silver will be too shiny/tacky<BR>has anybody else done silver interior, or do you all just stick to white<P>'preciate any input<p>[ May 19, 2002: Message edited by: tmac ]
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: Silver Interior?

Post by monty73741 »

depends what color your car is?
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

Done silver inside. My colour outside is raspberry. Only did trim items like vent surrounds,power window controls surrounds and around the gear shift boot not the entire dashboard. less is more in my opinion but go check out other peoples website of their mx-3s to get a visual idea on what can be done.
precidian

Post by precidian »

I originally started doing my interior in silver but my cars exterior is green. I then decided that is is time that I change the colour of the interior to a similar colour as the outside.....it is nice to open the door and see the same colour continued. <P>So if you have a silver car and then doing the interior in silver would look good....<P>It is ultimately up to you as to what colour you are going to be happy with.<P>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

If you are planning on doing this yourself BE CAREFUL on what dye you use!!! I took it upon myself to take my car apart and dye it white and dark blue... Needless to say it looks like crap I preped it and everything and the dye did not take! It was supost to be penitrating dye... Which is now scratching off.. Now I have to pay someone 700.00 to fix it. Not to mention now that the interior is ripped out it will not go back in.. It would be safe to say at this moment that I hate my car! :mad: <BR>Good luck!
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
DVH

Post by DVH »

I have a silver car and silver interior, looks sweet i think! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
tmac

Post by tmac »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrsOzx:<BR><STRONG>If you are planning on doing this yourself BE CAREFUL on what dye you use!!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] i was going to use Krylon paint and then Krylon clear coat..<P>How did you others do it?

Post by Guest »

I HAVE A SILVER EXTERIOR AND I DID ALL THE JUST THE BORDERS LIKE ON THE HANDLE I TOOK THE MAIN COVER RIGHT OFF AND PAINTED IT WITH MODEL PAINT SILVER OF COURSE TO GO WITH THE OUTSIDE I THEN BAKED IT @ 60'C FOR ABOUT 20MIN SO IT WON'T SCRATCH OFF WORKS VERY VERY WELL AAND LOOKS VERY GOOD TO GO WITH I PAINTED THE HANDLE RED AND LEFT THE LOCK BLACK. I DID THE HANDLES POWER WINDOW MOLDINGS AND THE PIECE AROUND THE AUTO SHIFTER, LOOKS SWEET,ABOUT TO DO VENTS BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE HOW IT LOOKING :D :D
platinum MX

Post by platinum MX »

DONT USE KRYLON.....use SEM paint...it is specially made for use on interiors and will look WAY better....i used this on a few of my cars...its available at auto paint\ auto body stores..
Dave<BR>93 Mx-3 GS SE *under construction*<BR>95 Prelude *3rd place at Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals 2002 92+ Prelude Wild class*
alastair

Post by alastair »

done my interior in red cos my car is red i must admit it is nice to see the colour continued on the inside

Return to “Appearance”