LED Washer Nozzle Lights... a Yay, or a Nay?...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Shades

LED Washer Nozzle Lights... a Yay, or a Nay?...

Post by Shades »

Found these things I've never heard before on eBay... anyone got a pair? Are they worth the $10 US?<P><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayI ... 33&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>LED Washer Nozzle Lights</A>
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
millionflame

Re: LED Washer Nozzle Lights... a Yay, or a Nay?...

Post by millionflame »

Sure they are. It's all up to how you want other people to view you in your car. I have them, and have had them for a long time now. Lots of people compliment me on them, and lots think I am a dork for them as well. $10 (US) is a fair price for them, so I would say go ahead. They only take about 15 mins (tops) to install too, so their a cool addition to the car (cheap, fast, and neat). Good luck.<P>~A :D
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Pac Man

Post by Pac Man »

Man everyone in my neiborghood has then man its crazy but i have them too ad i like them depends on your style i'd say go for it they look cool u can get them in different colors too.
Why go when you can SHOW!!!!! :)
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

I dont like them...personally I dont want a shitload of lights on my car...only the stock ones and maybe some fog lights and thats all for me. but if you like them go for it....Its your car!
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

some of my friends have em and i know that they MIGHT look good if they match with the look and color of your car....if they don't match...like white leds with a mx-3 with a brown paintjob, then i wouldn't go for it.<P>just be prepared to get a lot of bullcrap from other...and i quote...'racers'.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Shades

Post by Shades »

Do the LED lights shine forward... so oncoming cars can see it?
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

Go for them man but i think it matters what colour u have, <P>I think the blue ones are over played and everyone has them. i got the white ones, and they are sick cuse they are like ultra white, so if u have the ultra white headlights it looks pretty sick when u look at the front of ur car. i dont know about the other guys , but it was a b---- for me to put them in , like in other car it has taken me 15 min. I on my mx-3, u gotta stick them in the hole and then try to put the nutt on, but the end of it is the a little hole and i couldnt get my fingers in there, it took me like a 100 tries and three hours.... i was getting soooo pissed.
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
nksmx-3

Post by nksmx-3 »

I was wondering how you would wire them because I dont see any place to do so
late night conversations turn into a fight, and all the years youve been frustrated finaly subside, and you walk away, to face the day, alone.
bluefirert

Post by bluefirert »

before you add anything like this to your car you have to make sure they are legal where you are. here in pennsylvania, there are quite a few ppl who have these lights. some of them are cool, and some are not. all of them are illegal here. my friend just got pulled over 3 nights ago and the copy wasnt happy with his excuse that "everyone has them." so just be careful. i personally dont like them. i think they're tacky. there are many better mods that you can make to your car... something original or that makes a difference in your car. i personally dont think that these do because everyone else has them. just my 2 1/2 cents.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

blue is illegal...having white in the hood is legal in all 50 states. you can only have yellow, amber, and white lights on the front of your car.<P>personally, i think these things are as tacky as those lights you put in your wheels and are battery operated. yuck!
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

just remember that there will be those who will be tacky and there are those who will be original and 'rolls with the big boys'.
- team slideways
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Hey what up people ,<BR> Well i don't like them and I also think that there tacky but I must say I have them but I don't use it the way everyone else does I have mine going to my alarm I have a red MX and my lights are red but they only blink when my alarm is armed I have a friend who just got them and I hooked his up to his blinkers so they will only blink when he has to turn.I did it this way to be diff and to svae myself from a tickit.Now if anybody does what I did and try to hook it up to alarm take it someware to get done dont do it you're self you can damage alarm if done wrong.
Pimpn1l2

Post by Pimpn1l2 »

I have blue washer lights on my car and I love them. I get compliments all the time on my lights. The theme of my car is also blue so I have blue lights in my interior as well as my tailpipe. The thing is how cops react to these lights wherever you are. I go to school in a different state from where I was from. When I'm at home, the cops harass me all the time. I just say they are legal in the state that I go to school in. I have talked to at least 10 different cops from multiple states and they say all colors are illegal for on road use. This means around other traffic. But blue and red are illegal no matter what. So I have been told. I suggest you hook them up to your signal lights or you headlights. I have mine hooked to my headlights, so if a cop passes me I turn on my bright lights and they go off. Helps to get me out of trouble and it blinds a cop. Two birds with one stone. So on whether to get them yourself. It depends on if you want to put up with the occasional harassment
If you love something let if go, if it comes back to you it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.
FIRULIO

Post by FIRULIO »

if you have the blue ones just make sure that you have a switcher in the dashboard,i have one so every time a police pass by i just turn them off.it will take some time to put the switcher but it actually helps.<P><BR>long live the mx-3 :cool: :cool: :cool:
TO NOS OR NOT TO NOS? THAT IS THE QUESTION
Pope52

Post by Pope52 »

My buddy got pulled over for em up here in Rochester, Ny. The cop said only like firemen can have em on the car or some s---. Be careful.

Return to “Appearance”