Flames

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jrs1874

Flames

Post by jrs1874 »

Does anyone know what mods needs to be done to have flames come out of your tail pipes (just for show though).
Jason
Pac Man

Re: Flames

Post by Pac Man »

That doesn't really work does it ?
Why go when you can SHOW!!!!! :)
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

I think they sell kits for that through JC whitney (not the sport compact one The everything Automotive) not sure how it works tho.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

Split one of the spark plug wires back to the tailpipe. Cut and tap a hole into the tailpipe large enough to fit a new spark plug into. Then hook up the wire you split earlier to the sparkplug in the tailpipe. Everytime that the particular plug you split from fires, the rear plug will also fire, igniting your exhaust gases. Not a real difficult mod. Rodders used to do it back in the 50's. My grandpa told me about it. It's pretty cool lookin in real life. Hope that helps. :D
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
jrs1874

Post by jrs1874 »

Thanks for the info Travis83.
Jason
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JCali:<BR><STRONG>Some has been watching fast and the furious?<P>Well you can remove a spark plug, but a really good way- take gasoline...and put a pint of gas in your oil tank...then put some sugar in your gas tank...combined it produces hella fire!<BR>JCali</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>IF you tell people to put sugar in their gas tank or to do somethign else destructive I will ban you. You have to realize some people dont know if thats good or not, and thats going to destroy their car. Im not trying to be a prick, but please dont do that again.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Travis83:<BR><STRONG>Split one of the spark plug wires back to the tailpipe. Cut and tap a hole into the tailpipe large enough to fit a new spark plug into. Then hook up the wire you split earlier to the sparkplug in the tailpipe. Everytime that the particular plug you split from fires, the rear plug will also fire, igniting your exhaust gases. Not a real difficult mod. Rodders used to do it back in the 50's. My grandpa told me about it. It's pretty cool lookin in real life. Hope that helps. :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My dad told me the same thing a long time ago, so it could be true. I wouldnt drill my muffler though, not to look cheezy. plus, the rear bumper is urethane, you'll melt it.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Get a turbo and set up your car to run a smidge on the rich side. There's a couple of MKIV's here that i've seen shoot some nice flames out the back. Over 160mph fly by's :)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Mr Mx

Post by Mr Mx »

U can buy kits in the UK to do this. I think it invloves a switch so it can be turned on and off, spark plug and ignition coil. They work best aon turbo cars mind u. Plus u have to run ur car rich so there is unburnt fuel in ur exhaust gasses.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I seen this sick a-- RX-7 with flaming exhausts on the B.Q.E. coming home from Brooklyn. Its hot.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

hes rite. but you run a wire from the plug up front to a switch, then to a plugin the back. and you dont do it before your muffler it will burn it up faster than the flames comming out of it. you put the plug in the exaust tip to not damage the muffler. or you can fork out some money and buy a kit to do the same thing. an alcohol car shooting flames looks real cool, the flames are blue.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Travis83:<BR><STRONG>Split one of the spark plug wires back to the tailpipe. Cut and tap a hole into the tailpipe large enough to fit a new spark plug into. Then hook up the wire you split earlier to the sparkplug in the tailpipe. Everytime that the particular plug you split from fires, the rear plug will also fire, igniting your exhaust gases. Not a real difficult mod. Rodders used to do it back in the 50's. My grandpa told me about it. It's pretty cool lookin in real life. Hope that helps. :)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Appearance”