Mod rules from Police

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
millionflame

Mod rules from Police

Post by millionflame »

Hello,<BR> Just curious, here's a question for anyone in the USA or any province but BC. Are you allowed green lights (ie..washer nozzle, liscence plate screws from liteglow) on your car in your areas? How about taillight covers, or headlight covers??<P>Up here, all these are illegal, for some reason. Just curious about any where else.<P>~A :D
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
mazda20

Re: Mod rules from Police

Post by mazda20 »

I tell you from here everyone has them I saw a BMW the other day with wiper lights, neon underglow.<P>I personally have the blue reverse lights on mine.<P>They don't care or at least have not cracked down on it here.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aiden:<BR><STRONG>Hello,<BR> Just curious, here's a question for anyone in the USA or any province but BC. Are you allowed green lights (ie..washer nozzle, liscence plate screws from liteglow) on your car in your areas? How about taillight covers, or headlight covers??<P>Up here, all these are illegal, for some reason. Just curious about any where else.<P>~A :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>here in socal, if you want neon undercar lights, they have to be red...any other color is illegal. white window washer leds are legal and red license plate bulbs are legal...for headlights, i've seen some people get away with blue but most of the time a white w/ blue tint is illegal...it all depends on the cops current mood. if they feel pissy or need to give another ticket to get a raise, they look for modified imports.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

Here in Ontario, my buddy with a green protege totally gets harrassed by cops for his green accent lights.<BR>But the funny thing is, possibly just a bylaw, why would companies like Canadian Tire, Performance Improvements, etc(which have a number of chains) sell this stuff if it was illegal? :confused:<BR>I think here you're only allowed blue washer nozzels? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] Tail light and headlight covers are legal.
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
EAGLE EYE

Post by EAGLE EYE »

Hey guys, I actually just talked to a buddy and he is a cop,well really the Chief. And he said that even though it is on the books (under unlawful lights), no one will really mess with you. But here in TX you still have BUBBA'S that live for that sh*t. ;)
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

i haven't gotten anything said to me about my black out on my tail lights yet. the guy i bought it from said he talked to a cop who said it was legal. but in virginia the cops dont care about anything except for street racing er... um .. accelerating as fast as you can to the speed limit, and even then they just give you a "good talkin' to"
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAZDASPEED STEVE:<BR><STRONG>Here in Ontario, my buddy with a green protege totally gets harrassed by cops for his green accent lights.<BR>But the funny thing is, possibly just a bylaw, why would companies like Canadian Tire, Performance Improvements, etc(which have a number of chains) sell this stuff if it was illegal? :confused:<BR>I think here you're only allowed blue washer nozzels? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] Tail light and headlight covers are legal.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>actually they sell it legally because they tell you to use it for "show purposes" only.
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

To Shady:<P>You must have had some nice officers stop you, cause 99% of fairfax po po's dont play. I know of situations where people have been towed because of fart pipes and undercar lights. If C-ville stands for centreville you've been lucky to this point!
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
DriveBy

Post by DriveBy »

Hell yea they don't, FFX rollers are all bunch of d---heads. I don't even live in Fairfax County, but most of all my tickets are from them. I swear its a conspiracy, hehe.
Gruneun

Post by Gruneun »

I hadn't got a ticket in 3-4 years. I started working in Reston, commuting ~60 miles each way, and got 4 tickets in a one-year period... all in a 3-mile section of the Dulles toll road. I'm sure it was my MD tags, because every time I got singled out of a large group of cars with VA tags and I wasn't going much faster than the speed limit.<P>At least the tickets were all around $50-60 and none of them ever hit my insurance. Besides, I blasted by a couple speedtraps on the sportbike and hit backroads before they caught up. I probably came out ahead in the long run, I guess.
solace

Post by solace »

WoW!, im starting to feel a little on the lucky side, as far as lights go, the only colors that dont fly around on the streets are red and blue, those are the only colors that get hassled only cause the cops say they look like police lights from a distance. As for the tail light covers, they have only said anything if the reverse lights and reflectors are covered up to dark. I myself have white nozzle lights that look more blue in my opinion and green strobes in the head and tail lights and i havent yet had a 2nd look from the police (and we have plenty) and i use them frequently in traffic to p*ss of the honda's and acura's.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

in Connecticut...lighting like that is illegal too...but only if you use it while driving on the road. Clear lights with white lights caused a few accidents here recently. It kinda looks like the car is in reverse when it's really not...i guess that can mess people up.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
codene

Post by codene »

in florida red and blue are illegal cuz its "impersonating a police officer" so you get an f*ing felony charge for lights. i got a $60 ticket for inside red neons but i had them beating with the music and the cop said he wouldnt of stopped me if they werent blinking.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

hey sonic.. I'm in Charlottesville.<BR>the city cops are reasonable it's just the county ones that like to be dicks.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bri94GS:<BR><STRONG>in Connecticut...lighting like that is illegal too...but only if you use it while driving on the road. Clear lights with white lights caused a few accidents here recently. It kinda looks like the car is in reverse when it's really not...i guess that can mess people up.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>exactly....you can have ANY lights you want on your car on if you're parked...it's completely legal. and if a cop tries to give you a ticket for that while you're parked, get that ticket voided.
- team slideways

Return to “Appearance”