My interior color sucks

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
phantom12183

My interior color sucks

Post by phantom12183 »

hey my interior is that ugly brown color!!!! I am open to suggestions...is there a way to have the panels painted??? Is there a place where i can buy whole new panels??? THANKS!!!
Have a wonderful day!<P>[banned because he believed rules werent ment to be followed. Tried to reason with him, but refused to cooperate. Decided to insult, those posts deleted, Banned. Sorry, but rules are rules, I dont make them, I'm asked to enforce them.]
marshmallow15

Re: My interior color sucks

Post by marshmallow15 »

bust out your wallet and find a place to paint them for you or cover them in colored vinyl or some other material....if you want custom work, buy LOTS of spraypaint, primer, and clearcoat, rip apart your car's interior, and paint the panels yourself.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
avino

Post by avino »

That's an interesting color for the dash! All the ones i've seen are black. Hey Marshmellow15, so if I did this job myself, will it stay on alright ? Which do I use first? It's a project that seems very intriguing, perhaps I'd like to give it a shot.
phantom12183

Post by phantom12183 »

it sounds fun..haha but i am curious as to how it will turn out. I dont want to tear out my interior, paint, and have it turn out shitty..Will the paint stick to the panels?? I dont want it to be easily scratched....
Have a wonderful day!<P>[banned because he believed rules werent ment to be followed. Tried to reason with him, but refused to cooperate. Decided to insult, those posts deleted, Banned. Sorry, but rules are rules, I dont make them, I'm asked to enforce them.]
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

avino: it stays on alright...just don't scratch it purposely...it holds strong enough for accidental scratches<P>phantom: you can leave it the ugly stock brown color or have a respectable shop rip off each piece, wrap it in colored vinyl or color it, then put it together again. note: vinyl is more expensive that paint and the labor costs more too...the pieces on your interior will be ripped off no matter what if you want to paint it
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by avino:<BR><STRONG>That's an interesting color for the dash! All the ones i've seen are black. Hey Marshmellow15, so if I did this job myself, will it stay on alright ? Which do I use first? It's a project that seems very intriguing, perhaps I'd like to give it a shot.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>my dash was brown too....black now. jus email me and when i have time i can send you instructions on this procedure.<P>phantom: it's not that hard to rip apart the mx-3 panels....it's easy....just takes time.
- team slideways
phantom12183

Post by phantom12183 »

Yeah i know the panels are easy to take out, ive had to do it already for other stuff( not all of them, but you get the idea). I am just worried that the paint will not stick that well on those plastic pieces and will be easily scratched off. But you say it can withstand every day use....If that is true then I believe this summer my interior is going to be black ;) Thanks for the advice!
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea just make sure you do these to ensure having the pieces last long:<BR>1. degrease and clean the panels...alcohol works well too<BR>2. primer and sand the panels<BR>3. another coat of primer wouldn't hurt<BR>4. do around 2-5 coats of paint, depending on how much you put on each coat...let dry for at least 30-60 minutes per coat<BR>5. 2-3 coats of clearcoat protects the panels<BR>6. you can let them bake inside your mx-3 for a day while it is out on a hot day
- team slideways

Return to “Appearance”