Dual Exhuast for Mx-3

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Spetznaz

Dual Exhuast for Mx-3

Post by Spetznaz »

I'm toying with the idea of running a dual exhuast using another Tanabe Racing Medallion. Does anyone know if it's been done, have pics, or any info that could help ? Thanx... :D
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.
white fish

Re: Dual Exhuast for Mx-3

Post by white fish »

No performance gains out of it and you would loose your spare tire you would have to cut it out or push some of it back in
Spetznaz

Post by Spetznaz »

I don't care about the spare, I don't have it anyway. Woofers take the space up. I know I won't get much out of it, if anything, but for the look of it, I want to try it out.
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.
white fish

Post by white fish »

the hump where the spare tire goes you have to do something with that it will look tight if you do do it <P>Good Luck
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

if you wanna add 60 pounds to the a-- end of a front wheel drive car (equiv of 5-7hp) to look like you can go faster that you actually would be if you didnt have the 60 lbs, knock yourself out!<P><BR>wait.. what are we talking about again :)
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:<BR><STRONG><BR>wait.. what are we talking about again :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>We're now talking about an appearance post, as opposed to a performance one!<P><B>Post moved to the Appearance Forum</B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

i looked into this also. 1st off are you talking true block back dual or just dual mufflers? if you go with just dual muffler you will simply make it slower although it will look cool. to run reall dual you would have to run no bigger than 1.25" pipes on each side. thats still probably a little big for the k8. you also will have a hell of a time findind cats that small or mufflers that arn't made for a metro. i dont know from experience but i was told it would sound really bad too. duals on hotrods sounds so cool from the exhaust fireing on alternating sides. on our 9.2:1 engines it would be high pitched and anoying. even bigger jap v6s(300zx,nsx)dont use true dual for just that reason.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

What if we integrated a dual turbo application with this "block back" dual exhaust? I imagine that would give you better gains, but like codyhoover said, I think it would sound like s---.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Appearance”