one-piece fiberglass front end

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
phr3q

one-piece fiberglass front end

Post by phr3q »

hey guys,<BR> how about this... I have a '92 mazda mx-3. it was just in a minor wreck destroying the bumper and passenger fender and headlamp. anyhow, idrew up a modified front end for the car that could either be removable or full tilt or both. the fiberglass shop quoted me a price that was pretty high, but well worth the work. This is the same company that works on The Gravedigger in 4-wheel events, so they must do pretty damn good work. anyhow, here is the trick. they will cut the cost down if there are a lot of people with interest in this product. they are very interested in getting into the import scene. so any of you who may be interested email me soon. well get together and discuss the details. i have a moc up drawing, and it is very flexible. also any of the lights, grille, hood vents, etc. are left filled, so they can be cut to fit your personal selction. the scoop is also very flexible in its looks. this item would also include side skirts and possible rear taillight conversions any possible suggested look. I am projecting that we could possibly get this for around a grand or so. if we can get enuff interest in it<BR>P.S. I am thinking of doing this job myself( with grandfather's help since he is experienced) but afraid of the risk.<BR>Any how e-mail me with your ideas or questions and ill try to post some pics or e-mail them to you in reply.<BR> ;)
phr3q

Re: one-piece fiberglass front end

Post by phr3q »

oh yeah, this would come with side skirts and a rear bumper cover... maybe even possibly taillight conversions? not bad for not much more than the cost of a 4-piece body kit. let me know if youre interested. e-mail me soon and ill try to send pics to you . e-mail me at aliciat@twlakes.net
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

don;t think it'll happen but if you got pics <BR>prove me wrong
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
bayoumx-3

Post by bayoumx-3 »

what exactly are you talking about, what is a one piece fiberglass front end.
Live hard, drive fast, back down to no one.
phr3q

Post by phr3q »

have you ever seen those cars where the fenders, hood and front bumper all tilt forward or come off of the car as one-piece. they make them of various materials such as kevlar, carbon fiber, or fiberglass. anyhow, this one would be made of fiberglass and could tilt forward on hinges. it would also be very flexible as to what headlights and vents or the way the hoodscoop could look. with a little body work, one could put any type or set of lights in the front end, and use vents or scoops or mesh grilles any where they wished. very customizable. ive got a few renderings of the whole concept, and already talked to a glass shop that is interested in doing it. FOR THE RIGHT PRICE ANYHOW... but they also said if there were enuff definite interest in peeps buying a number of units, theyd cut that price down. this would come basically in a kit with the hinges, and also have side skirts and a rear bumper. im figuring it wouldn't cost much more than a 4-piece ground effect kit normally runs. maybe we could all work out a group buy on this thing. with the right kinda offer, the shop would jump on this job, as they greatly expressed their interest in getting into the import scene. oh yeah did i mention, they do work on the gravedigger... :eek:
phr3q

Post by phr3q »

hey i talked to the shop again, and they are very interested in doing this job. the only prob i have is theyd have to have my car for a month, and said itd probly take them a total of 16 weeks to complete. thats a long time.<BR> but, i also talked to another man more local to the area that is very experienced in this kinda work. he said if i could show him enuff solid interest in this from other people, hed be willing to make the kits and sell them for approximately 1500 dollars or so. if there is enuff interest, he said hed consider dropping the total price quite a bit. anyhow, he can finish the job in about a month for the mould and one kit. he said after the first one, he can make each one in less than a week, and would make as many as needed without any upfront money from you guys, if and only if i could show him enuff interest.<BR>so hey lets get together and email this guy with all our questions and thoughts and interest, and then maybe we could see these up for sale to the public very soon. <BR>his email is audyssey_unlimited@yahoo.com<P>this kit will include a full one piece front clip, side skirts, and a rear bumper cover, so chek it out with him and email me with any questions u may have also.<BR> i designed the kit myself, and it can be very flexible as to what headlights and driving lights are used, along with the look of the hood.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
phr3q

Post by phr3q »

4 got to post the sketches of what this would like. sorry bout the quality of the pic, i have no scanner, so i had to use the digital cam. Image

Return to “Appearance”