Where do you guys buy amber bulbs?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Q187

Where do you guys buy amber bulbs?

Post by Q187 »

Just got some clear side markers and ordering some turn signals and I need all 4 amber bulbs. Where can I buy some? Anything special I need to know before installing them?<P>Thanks a lot.
Maddbuck

Re: Where do you guys buy amber bulbs?

Post by Maddbuck »

my side markers came with amber bulbs so can't help you there. the clear turn signal bulbs I bought from a local carparts store. take one with you when you buy them and compare but they should be amber and park/turn bulbs marked on the package. just get the same wattage as your old ones. :roll:
Q187

Post by Q187 »

Appreciate it. How exactley do you get the bulb out of the plastic piece? Does it unscrew?
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

yup,<P>uncsrew the screw on the side of the turn signal and pull it out, twist the bracket and the bulb will come out, remove from bracket, bulb is out.<P>hope that helps. :roll:
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

if you order the clear turn signals WITH the housing, you don't need amber bulbs. there is a "sheath" that surrounds your white bulbs which makes the light emitted amber.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
Q187

Post by Q187 »

I ordered them from corksport. The only thing I got was the housing and the lense. No bulb or sheath.
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Get LED lights. You can get them on eBay. Just write LED amber 194 for the search. These bulbs are clear when off which keeps your lenses clear. You can also get them for your turning signals. :p
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Q187

Post by Q187 »

Too late. I got my turn signal ambers from the dealer and the side marker ones from Autozone. Just ordered the clear side lenses from CS today. They say it's easy to damage the housing when changing the lense but it looks simple....anything I need to know?

Return to “Appearance”