how do I paint my dashbaord??????//

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
littlemantke

how do I paint my dashbaord??????//

Post by littlemantke »

I have already painted and redone most of my interior but what kind of paint would I use for my dash?????? :)
Hondas are for people who don't want to be unique!!!!!
Andrew_Pakula

Re: how do I paint my dashbaord??????//

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

My friend bought this shitty old 80something buick, he just spray painted the interior.<P>Surprising he actually did a pretty good job and it looked not bad.<P>As for the way most people have done it with MX-3's I have no idea.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

if you want something that does a kick@ss job get FOLIATEC its and interior spray that acts like a dye.....it actually absorbes into the meterial........we just did my friends interior on his show sunbird/cavalier......it turned out amazing the dashboard feels just like it did when it was unpainted and it still retains its flex and texture and no tackyness.......we did his entire interior in blue and silver.......took us to days cause we ran out of paint.....but to do an entire interior in mostly blue with three coats of paint on each piece it only took us two cans and two days..........but works incredibly
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by caveman:<BR><STRONG>if you want something that does a kick@ss job get FOLIATEC its and interior spray that acts like a dye.....it actually absorbes into the meterial........we just did my friends interior on his show sunbird/cavalier......it turned out amazing the dashboard feels just like it did when it was unpainted and it still retains its flex and texture and no tackyness.......we did his entire interior in blue and silver.......took us to days cause we ran out of paint.....but to do an entire interior in mostly blue with three coats of paint on each piece it only took us two cans and two days..........but works incredibly</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>where can u get FOLIATEC in canada cause i was gonna order some vht dye today but i don't know if it's good and i'd rather get FOLIATEC since u said it's really good<BR>thanks
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

well i dont want to sound like im just trying to get business into my store but that is the only place that i know of.....im from london and ive never seen it anywhere else other than my shop......then again ive never been to any shops outside of london with the aception of BC auto in T.O. but i didnt notic weather or not they carried it.....where are you from....
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by caveman:<BR><STRONG>well i dont want to sound like im just trying to get business into my store but that is the only place that i know of.....im from london and ive never seen it anywhere else other than my shop......then again ive never been to any shops outside of london with the aception of BC auto in T.O. but i didnt notic weather or not they carried it.....where are you from....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>cambridge ontario<BR>how much it cost there?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlon:<BR><STRONG><BR>where can u get FOLIATEC in canada cause i was gonna order some vht dye today but i don't know if it's good and i'd rather get FOLIATEC since u said it's really good<BR>thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>if you've seen that blue mx3 that people would give their left nut to have, the guy used a vht dye and it works GREAT...vht dye is really good if you can gain access to that, i recommend that. however if you want to use the foliatec, it's up to you.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

the foliatec costs 29 dollars a can alittle pricy......but hey if the VHT dye works than use that i personally have never used it so i cant say but the FOLIATEC works awsome
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by caveman:<BR><STRONG>the foliatec costs 29 dollars a can alittle pricy......but hey if the VHT dye works than use that i personally have never used it so i cant say but the FOLIATEC works awsome</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>thanks for the info but i ordered some vht dye from crappy tire and it was $7.50 cnd a bottle
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

I helped a friend spray paint vents and other small things on his civic and it turned out great. We just sanded lightly wipped off the dust and painted them. Then use clear coat over that. If your just going to use plain old spray paint on the whole dash i would use tsp or something else to take any of the shine out that comes from using things like armorall on your dash or the paint wont stick well then just clear coat. Also canadian tire used to have a pray just for your dash.

Return to “Appearance”