Winter Wheels

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
kanerock9

Winter Wheels

Post by kanerock9 »

I just got a sweet a-- set of rims for christmas and i was wondering something. How important is it to keep shitty rims on during the winter and only use the good rims for other seasons?
MrsOzx

Re: Winter Wheels

Post by MrsOzx »

If you live in a place where it snows and if you drive through snow & ice you are going to scratch them. The salt will also mess them up and they would be dirty all the time. If it doesnt snow there than I really dont see a problem. But I would not do it. My buddy decided to be stubborn about taking his off and needless to say they are going to need some serious work before he puts them back on in the spring. Think about it....
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

<p>[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: MrsOzx ]
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

If you live in a place where they have snow practically every other day then it may be a good idea to have a set of winter rims. But living in NJ we have snow what... 3 or 4 times during the winter. I don't see the need for winter rims. But that is my opinion. Just give your new rims some love and care when they are on and they should last a long time. :roll:
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

Yep i agree. I'm in NJ and I got new rims last year for christmas and i put them on immediately. They were Konig Reign's which had a clearcoat. Anyways, I took my car to the car wash after every big snow storm and when the rims were dirty. Well, when it warmed up they still looked new.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>

Return to “Appearance”