help with modifying my car

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
DavePostle

help with modifying my car

Post by DavePostle »

I am getting my mx3 in march and i'm trying to put together a list of mods that i want done but i need them to fit my budget... I really like the fx body kit, especially the front, skirts, and bumber...i want to get a different spoiler and the scoop they have is nice but i saw some prototypes that are 10 times better... anways, i was wondering if anyone has bought and installed the front, skirts, and bumber and how much it cost them when the project was done... my cars also so really ugly aqua green right now, and i want to get it painted, does anyone know the prices on just plain black and if you can make it a shiny black or any other custom paint prices... thanks alot, any help would be greatly apreaciated
axess

Re: help with modifying my car

Post by axess »

All this and your on a budget :)
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
DVH

Post by DVH »

hey bud i got the info on the body kit! <BR>i have the same on my car that u want on yurs! FX front and skirts and wing! no scooop though! <BR>k, it 's pretty costly, i got a good deal, but for u it will be expensive!<BR>front, side, wing and scoop just to get it to you're goin be lookin at 1600CDN<BR>then to get it all painted the same colour as ur car, whether it be the new colour or old colour, will cost around $650 CDN - now here like (i forget his name) the guy said in the last post, u might find a litttle cheaper of a price , but than the quality of the job is crap, i hope u don't want crap!<BR>Now to install it all, is pretty easy! but if u can't do it, not sure, im guessing like another $200 CDN . It may be more becasue the stuff u get from FX is sh*t! No offence to FX but its true ,the quality is sh*t and the way it should fit is sh*t! the stuff doesn't fit that well, which means a lot of labour for the guys doing it to make it fit well, so that will raise the price alot too!<BR>BUt u could install it urself i think, just get like two of ur budies to help u out! <BR>so in total, it will be around approx $2500CDN.......around that, becasue believe me you'll probabaly run into problems along the way! <BR>BUt hey, when you are all done it looks so awesome! You 'll feel like u got a new car! <BR>later and goood luck! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by axess:<BR><STRONG>The reason it's so expensive is because you want it a different color, so they'll have to get rid of all your old color and that means extra work.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The way I understood your post is to sand all your old color off. If this is the case, I dunno who you're talkin to. I paint cars, and you don't have to completely sand off the old paint. You just score it, prime it, and paint over it. The only reason to sand to metal is to weld pieces in, and if you don't get that b---- primed right away, you're lookin at rusting which will screw up your whole paint job. The reason it costs more to paint it a different color is because they have to do door jams, trunk jams, engine compartments (on some applications), and if you have a sunroof you don't want a green ring when you open it up.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
apex'iMx3

Post by apex'iMx3 »

not trying to offend anyone, the FX (style) kit is way outta style. the "combat" stages of import racing are done....i heard the quality isnt up to par...i may be wrong
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by apex'iMx3:<BR><STRONG>not trying to offend anyone, the FX (style) kit is way outta style. the "combat" stages of import racing are done....i heard the quality isnt up to par...i may be wrong</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Go pick up the January copy of Import Tuner, and see what kit the featured car has on it. I believe it's the Bomb kit, looks alot like the FX. And yo, peeps build their cars to how THEY like them, not to how others like them. If you build your car thinkin of how others will like it, then you're no better than all those "ricers" I hear so many peeps bitchin about. They put stickers on to make others think they're kewl. I dunno about y'all but I'm building my car for ME! Peace
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Kasper11n3

Post by Kasper11n3 »

My car is red and I wanted it to be blue. So I asked my cousin who does custom painting and he told me to get it done a different color, inside the door jams, and with a kit on it, a proffesional job would cost anywhere from 5,000 to 6,000. Too rich for my blood, cars not even worth that much.
Redline

Post by Redline »

There is no out of style with cars, just bad taste. If you like it then thats all that matters. Let people say whatever they want, its your car, not thiers. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric:<BR><STRONG>My car is red and I wanted it to be blue. So I asked my cousin who does custom painting and he told me to get it done a different color, inside the door jams, and with a kit on it, a proffesional job would cost anywhere from 5,000 to 6,000. Too rich for my blood, cars not even worth that much.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Damn dood, yur takin one up the a-- for $6K. I'd call your local Macco Paint shop and ask them. Maybe take it to them to get a quote. I highly doubt it's $6K for paint job. Maybe if you were goin chameleon but not blue paint.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
DavePostle

Post by DavePostle »

thanks alot for some of the quotes but i'm still pretty confused... but i herd fx designs is coming out with a new kit in April is there any truth to this? and will it be completely different
Tman

Post by Tman »

Hey DVH, how did you get the FX cheaper???
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
DVH

Post by DVH »

MY secret! :p
Car Domain Web page MX-3
sheldon

Post by sheldon »

actaully i really like that body kit on your car DVH... and i was wondering since i'm new here is there ever a special group buy deal for people who want to get the body kits ?? we should start up one for anyone in ontario... and what is that cameleon paint that you are talking about (i'm new) :D
slow and steady dosen't win any race....
DVH

Post by DVH »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by turtle:<BR><STRONG>actaully i really like that body kit on your car DVH... and i was wondering since i'm new here is there ever a special group buy deal for people who want to get the body kits ?? we should start up one for anyone in ontario... and what is that cameleon paint that you are talking about (i'm new) :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hey, thanx<P>i just knew a guy (brandon) hes got a sweet car, who USED to get stuff from FX designs , and he gave me a awesome deal! he doesn't do it anymore though! later<BR>oh yeah, i never talked about any kind of paint, must have heard it some where else! <BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Frenchguy0

Post by Frenchguy0 »

The cameleon paint is a paint that shift colors depending on the light and where you are looking. It's hifting from blue, greeen, red and purple...The process is a lil harder than regular paint. Also, if you ever have a crash after, you'll need to get the whole car repainted, not only the part, the pattern won't match !<BR>MAACO is very cheap( whole car painted, no doorjam for USD 250 or less) for several reasons: one they buy their paint in drums and them mix it...if you ever come back a few months later, they won't be able to get the exact match, also they don't put a clear coat on after the job is done. The clear coat gives the glossy/shiny look to your paint, so your paint will fade faster that it should. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <BR>My 2 cents from guys that work at a detail shop.
Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com

Return to “Appearance”