I need help with Fiberglass

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
DVH

I need help with Fiberglass

Post by DVH »

k, i have the fx front bumper and i cracked it a tiny bit, hardly see it, just wondering whats the best way to repair this? is there a fiberglass repair kit somewhere that u can buy?.........also, this is for MRprecidian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>what kind of clear turn signals are on ur front bumper? i have the CRX ones, but urs look bigger and fit better. <BR>later ;)
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Doreago

Re: I need help with Fiberglass

Post by Doreago »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DVH:<BR><STRONG>k, i have the fx front bumper and i cracked it a tiny bit, hardly see it, just wondering whats the best way to repair this? is there a fiberglass repair kit somewhere that u can buy?.........also, this is for MRprecidian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>what kind of clear turn signals are on ur front bumper? i have the CRX ones, but urs look bigger and fit better. <BR>later ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I recently repaired my rear bumper from backing into a pole. let me know how bad the crack is. there is stuff you can get that will glue fibreglass back together or you can get a fibreglass repair kit. Some repair kits are better then others, I bought one at Canadian tire and it sucked. I bought another one at parts store and it was good. If you are going to patch it you are also going to have to paint it. Drop me an email if you want. I could tell you the repair kit I used and give you some pointers. Doreago@hotmail.com
Wheelz

Re: I need help with Fiberglass

Post by Wheelz »

I would imagine that the fiberglass resin and sanding would do the trick.. if it's just a surface crack..<P>Here's a link that explains how to build a 'glas box for your stereo.. might be able to adapt some techniques.<P><A HREF="http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/fibrglas.htm" TARGET=_blank>Building Fiberglass Enclosure</A>
1993 MX-3 RS/GS-R Under Construction

Return to “Appearance”