Gauge cover scratched

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SmokyMcGee

Gauge cover scratched

Post by SmokyMcGee »

Does anyone know how i can get scuffs and scratches out of the clear plastic piece over the gauges? The junk yard said i have to buy the whole guage set not just the plastic cover. So I wanna fix it rather than waste money. Please help.<P>-eD
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
Justin Murphy

Re: Gauge cover scratched

Post by Justin Murphy »

I have the same problem in with my gauges, the inside plastic is dirty and has water spots on it. I was wondering also how to get to the inside of the plastic guages so i could clean it. I unscrewed the top 3 screws and it wouldn't come out. I figured that there were more screws under the steering wheel but i didn't have time to get into it. Thanks for the input in advance...
FLYIN BY YA IN THE NIGHT!
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

They prob. aren't water spots. Armor All and that type of stuff eats away at the plastic. I had to buy a new plastic cover for mine ($30 or so from Mazda), but i'd check with people parting out their cars, maybe you could get a good deal
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

I have no idea if this will work, so don't blame me if it screws up your plastic cover. Try some of that CD scratch remover you can buy in a CD Store, it worked pretty good on some of my CDs. <BR>For those who don't know or would like to know. Yes, the plastic cover can come off but requires a few extra screws than just the top 3. There are two behind the rubber flaps behind the steering column top cover which requires just one screw to get it off (left side bottom screw). There are also 4 screws to get the cluster out so that get the plastic cover off. Remember there is a tiny screw on the clock adjust lever. Be careful when you take the plastic cover off as you can crack it if you are not careful. Don't want it to look worse than when you started.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

The scratches are not water spots, they are from stuff like armor-all. It eats away at the plastic. I used Blue coral plastic polish to take some of it out of my RS.<BR>I may put my GS on on my RS :)

Return to “Appearance”