Changing the Film behind the guages?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
p00onU

Changing the Film behind the guages?

Post by p00onU »

At night, The console lights up a neon green, I heard that if you pull the guages out its just a film giving it that color, can anybody verify this and how easy is it to do? Personally I think red would look evil as hell. Thanks in advance for any info.
Dont forget that racers are rebels.<BR>_ _____________________________ _ <BR>Super Jet Black 92'Mazda MX-3 RS<BR>Red 92'Mazda MX-3 GS (totalled)
white fish

Re: Changing the Film behind the guages?

Post by white fish »

no you cant do that the hole thing it green<BR>for example if you pulled out the speedo and held it up to a light it would be green<P>Sorry
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

he understands this; where the light shines through is a transparent-green film. his question is if this can be replaced with a different color film, which the answer is that it would be VERY tedious and difficult. not recommended unless you've got a good idea that nobody's thought of yet.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
p00onU

Post by p00onU »

My friend said he did in to his honda civic, I wondering if its done the same way or not... doesnt anyone else think that'd be bad a--? has anyone ever attempted this?
Dont forget that racers are rebels.<BR>_ _____________________________ _ <BR>Super Jet Black 92'Mazda MX-3 RS<BR>Red 92'Mazda MX-3 GS (totalled)
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

I changed my lights to Red. All I did was put the little red light condoms on the bulbs. Like the ones you get with Autometer gauges. Worked great and I saw no green anymore.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

can someone give me the link to "how to take the dash apart"
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
DVH

Post by DVH »

U have to start from ur center console, and just start un screwing sh*t!` when u get to the plastic piece around the shifter and up to the gauges, its mostly just clips and screws.........i have the new dash style, not sure what u have.
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
p00onU

Post by p00onU »

Hey MX3RS, Is it pretty easy to get the guages out and stuff? I heard that can be tedious.. I have the old console, everything basically pops out like you said DVH, Just curious about the lights behind the guages and how hard those are to get to
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

Well when you can get the whole gauge cluster thing out you just pull it forward and then you can remove the bulbs. Once you get them out you can put the little covers on the bulbs.

Return to “Appearance”