coilovers/painted dash

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Justin

Re: coilovers/painted dash

Post by Justin »

I have been told that they do not...MX-3 springs are unusaully thicker and wider...Ground Control does but they are expensive
Outofmymindyo1

Post by Outofmymindyo1 »

Please do not paint your dash silver. It would have tremendous glare just like a white one would. I have been told by several shops that I know. I had considered white but was told otherwise. :)
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

You know I hear all this talk about people wanting to paint thier dash cover. Now everyone thier own... What I dont get is though what happened to Dash Covers? Are those considered "out" or something? I mean I allwayz thought those were the bomb. They protected your dash, you can get them any color, with any design or saying. They look sleek to me and like almost a luxury type feel... Personally I would prefer a dash cover over a painted dash anyday and maybe Im just old fashion but my 2 cents... :)
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Dash covers rule! I have one and my dash is still perfect. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SirCruizer:<BR><STRONG>You know I hear all this talk about people wanting to paint thier dash cover. Now everyone thier own... What I dont get is though what happened to Dash Covers? Are those considered "out" or something? I mean I allwayz thought those were the bomb. They protected your dash, you can get them any color, with any design or saying. They look sleek to me and like almost a luxury type feel... Personally I would prefer a dash cover over a painted dash anyday and maybe Im just old fashion but my 2 cents... :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Where can you order dash covers from? Cost? :roll:
p00onU

Post by p00onU »

Personally painted looks way more custom orientated then going down to the local flea market and having jose martinez throw you together a custom dashboard for your mazda, why not get those gold plated 100 spoke wheels while your at it?
Dont forget that racers are rebels.<BR>_ _____________________________ _ <BR>Super Jet Black 92'Mazda MX-3 RS<BR>Red 92'Mazda MX-3 GS (totalled)
Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

First of all watch the racial overtones "pOOonU". :cool:<p>[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: Justin Evans ]
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

canadia_ice, you can get Dash covers from alot of different places.. Local preformance stores can usally order them in 100s of different styles and colors and alot of them even have special monogramming or desings you can put on them. Here in the US you can even get them at wal-marts!!!! If you want good ones look on the web, just search for dash board covers or dash covers.... Lots of websites have custom made ones for good prices. The prices can be anywhere from 35-200+ depending on what kind you do. BTW, Dash board covers are not lowrider mexican style only. Alot of truck mods use them and I remember the mid 90's every other car in the import scene had dash board covers. If you want your dash to last a long time while also adding style to it use a dash board cover...
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
p00onU

Post by p00onU »

Hey, I wasnt bein racist.... I really do see those being made at the flea market, besides my girfriend is mexican =-)
Dont forget that racers are rebels.<BR>_ _____________________________ _ <BR>Super Jet Black 92'Mazda MX-3 RS<BR>Red 92'Mazda MX-3 GS (totalled)

Return to “Appearance”