A little help in removing the factory spoiler

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Doreago

A little help in removing the factory spoiler

Post by Doreago »

I was trying to remove my spoiler the other day due to a huge crack in it, but cant quite figure out how to do it. I can not get the casing inside the trunk to come out. it looks like they are just clips, but I chipped one trying to unclip it. Some help would be great. Anyone ever try removing the glass under the spoiler, also cracked :)
EMPTYPOCKETS

Re: A little help in removing the factory spoiler

Post by EMPTYPOCKETS »

removing glass is kind of tricky it is glued you have to use some kind of strong riged wire i used the throttle cable once just get it started and pull the wire like a saw back and forth and it should cut through the glue if yuo need the peice of glass i have a parts car its still there.
Nottahonda

Post by Nottahonda »

Um, on my 92 the clips that hold the interior plastic peices are kinda tricky, but once you learn the trick, they come right out. They're actually two peices, shaped like plastic screws, right? Look closely at them. The inner circle pulls out a little ways, and then py the outer ring out with like a flathead screwdriver. They should come out easily. Once you get all the plastic off, there are (I believe) four 10mm nuts you have to take off. The rest should be cake!
Casey Guthrie
[email]goesfast@theraces.com" target="_blank[/email]
Doreago

Post by Doreago »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EMPTYPOCKETS:<BR><STRONG>removing glass is kind of tricky it is glued you have to use some kind of strong riged wire i used the throttle cable once just get it started and pull the wire like a saw back and forth and it should cut through the glue if yuo need the peice of glass i have a parts car its still there.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks for the help. I still need a new glass piece, how much would you want for it, and how fast can you send it?
Doreago

Post by Doreago »

Thanks Nottahonda. Just went and got it done. didn't take long at all. thanks again!
Doreago

Post by Doreago »

Hey Empypockets, do you know if it is glue at the bottom of the glass too? Im hoping it is just the top. Any recommendations on a good glue to hold it in there?

Return to “Appearance”