adjustable air suspension

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
David Witherow

adjustable air suspension

Post by David Witherow »

i've just recently found out about a company that makes air bags that fit in place of the factory spring and replaces it completely. which give us the option to do an air bag setup on our mx-3's. i've wanted to do this for a long time know and i email the company and am waiting for a reply on how much and how long it would take to get them and if there is anywhere near where i live to get them cause i haven't able to find around here. i have every thing else i just need the bags!!!!!!!!!
MX-3_EHV6

Re: adjustable air suspension

Post by MX-3_EHV6 »

I know a guy that has a 66 GTO with air shocks he just puts a aircompressor to a hose and they fill up and lift his car. It is really awesome I will try to get in touch with him and ask him what brand it is.
kidkai

Post by kidkai »

I had something like that on my '67 Camaro (Old School) called Hi-Jackers.
'92 Mazda RS
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Hi-Jackers are made by Gabriel and they are NOT the same as Air Bags. Hi-Jackers are Air Shocks (I have a set on my truck). They allow you do raise and lower the vehicle about 4-6 inches. They are mostly for towing stuff (to raise the rear of a truck when towing a trailer). Air Bags are used on 18-wheelers to get a good ride. They come in 2 sizes (2500LBS and 2600LBS). If you use a larger airline and fast valves, you can get them as fast as hydraulics. Click on these links to see what they look like on a truck. <A HREF="http://www.sportruck.com/feature/pharcyde/matt6.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.sportruck.com/feature/pharcyde/matt6.jpg</A> <A HREF="http://www.worldslowest.com/showcoverag ... C00056.JPG" TARGET=_blank>http://www.worldslowest.com/showcoverag ... 056.JPG</A>
Esper

Post by Esper »

man, why would you want that on an mx-3? wouldn't it handle pretty badly? then again, i could picture you scaring the shite outta some old lady next to you at a stoplight! :D
Dude.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

The air bags give you a very good ride. Perhaps even better than factory. In fact, the Lincoln Town Car comes factory with air bag suspension that is inflated when the car is started and deflated when turned off. People do this so they can have a car that is on the ground, but can be raised to drive over potholes and speedbumps. Not to mention that it is just cool. can you imagine having your MX-3 this low to the ground....ON the ground. Image<p>[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: RanMan ]
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

EXACTLY......im going to put in a fast bag set up so its like haveing a hydraulic set up with out the major expense of hydrolics. The ride quality is great because you dont loose the strut at all...so you wont get any drift!! :D :D
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Also, using hydros means adding those heavy batteries and worrying about leaking hydraulic fluid.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

just got the email back about the air backs for my car. they are gonna run me like 1200 dollars + shipping and i dont even know if its can or us. so i think im gonna go with a bag strut combo from another company through work much better deal that way any way probably get the whole set up for that price can ( im not sure about the price just hopeing ) :(
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Be wary of the other company man. Always remember that "You get what you pay for"! $1200 US sounds about right for the bags (if is a set of 4). Air Bag setups are expensive.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by caveman:<BR><STRONG>i've just recently found out about a company that makes air bags that fit in place of the factory spring and replaces it completely. which give us the option to do an air bag setup on our mx-3's. i've wanted to do this for a long time know and i email the company and am waiting for a reply on how much and how long it would take to get them and if there is anywhere near where i live to get them cause i haven't able to find around here. i have every thing else i just need the bags!!!!!!!!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>why not get coil over suspension kit? like Ground control
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

i was originaly thinking of going with coilovers, but with the winters around here the treads get all caked and gooped up with the salt. when you try to drop them in the summer alot of the time you end up striping the treads and then they are no good. <BR> <BR> besides air suspension is right at my finger tips and its fast. just think wouldnt it be awsome to pull into a parking lot full of sweet a$$ imports pull up beside them and just drop your car right to the frame. or when you park put your car on an angle with the driver side all the way down and the passanger side up, to me that is awsome :D :cool:

Return to “Appearance”