How do you wire to parking or headlamps on/off?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Mrspike

How do you wire to parking or headlamps on/off?

Post by Mrspike »

I bought a pair of indiglo pedals, but right now I am only wiring them to my fuse box, which makes them turn-on when I start the car. How or where exactly do I need to wire them to so they turn on and off only when I turn on the light? Thanks :cool:
David Witherow

Re: How do you wire to parking or headlamps on/off?

Post by David Witherow »

why dont you just cut the main power wire and put a switch in the middle of it then you could turn it on and off when ever you want to. :D
Mrspike

Post by Mrspike »

Is there a easier way of doing it? Something like connecting it to a fuse? I have no idea where in the car I'd find the main power cord or the parking power cords. Thanks for your help!
Zoom24

Post by Zoom24 »

You can try wiring it straight to the battery. That is what I did with my wind shield washer lamps. You will need a switch so that you can turn them off. If you do not have a switch they will be on all of the time and possibly drain your battery.
Zoom24

Post by Zoom24 »

I know it is not wiring them straight to the lights however it is an idea in case you can not find any other alternative.
white fish

Post by white fish »

not sure the colour but there is a wire that comes out of the box that when you turn the Park lights ontheres power in it like for a alarm the lights flash just get a tester and test away<P>(I think its best when you turn park lights on the pedels come you dont need them lit in the day this way you dont leave them on either)
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

When I put my washer nozzle lights on I wired them to the turn signal wires right up in the turn signal housing. I wired them both up indepedently so they are like an additional turn signal. Looks cool when i am turning. anyway, there are 3 wires at the turn signal housing, a ground, a power, and the turn signal wire. Hooking the pedals into the power will make them operate when you turn your lights on. Other than that, look for your parking lamp fuse (should tell you in the manual, if you don't have one post a reply and i'll look it up for you) that should work as well, since it won't run power through the fuse unless the lights are on. Hope this helps.
1993 MX-3 RS/GS-R Under Construction
Mrspike

Post by Mrspike »

Thanks for the tip! I have the manual, but when I hook it up to the parking lights fuse, it is always on even when the lights are off (probably because you can turn on the lights without turning the car on). Can you please tell me where the signal housing is? So I can hook it up to the power wire you like you suggested? Thank you so much! ;)
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Take a Philips (star) screwdriver, and remove your turn signal lights on the front of the car. Voila! You will see three wires. One is gound, 2 are power. One is the turning power wire and one is the constant power wire. Depending on whether you want them to flash with your turn signals or if you want them always on will determine which power to use. And a piece of metal coathanger (god bless that universal tool) will aid it routing the wires down from the engine bay to the turn signal light. Hope this helps, any other questions post again.
1993 MX-3 RS/GS-R Under Construction
SaiDaFrenteMX3

Post by SaiDaFrenteMX3 »

Dude! Open up your center consoul. Not sure if that is spelled right but oh well! any way there are two wires going to your light switch check which one is the +power wire and slice a strip of the wire casing out and attach your pedel + wire. By slicing the wire casing you will not need to detach your current light wire! It's Easy!
Xx(DualCam4MX-3)xX

Return to “Appearance”