Weatherstripping

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Doug93MX3

Weatherstripping

Post by Doug93MX3 »

Hey guys, I have a question for you all... I picked up a stock 4cyl 93 Mx-3 last year and its got 160,000kms on it and it runs fantastic. I love the car. Anyways, I have a problem with the weatherstripping on the side doors of the car. On both the passanger and the drivers side of the door, the thick weatherstripping that fits between the door and frame of the car has come off the door and completely warped and grown. Its absolutley hideous! It seems like the rubber has expanded, because there is too much weatherstripping hanging out of the car at the very top corner(on the right if you are facing the drivers side door, on the left for the passanger side). Anyways, it sticks right out and doesnt make much of a seal or anything. I want to know if anyone has experienced or seen this problem before, and if anyone knows what the hell I can do to fix it, or where I can take it around the lower mainland in BC to get it fixed without paying an arm and a leg!!<P>Doug
Bear

Re: Weatherstripping

Post by Bear »

I had the same problem with my mx-3 and it does cost and arm and a leg to buy new....I went to a few wreaking yards and pick two up for $10.oo.....what a deal eh? That is where I would go first before buying new.
Mx-3 Gs-x

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

damn that sounds famaliar
KiSs My a$s......yEa
GuyverXL

Post by GuyverXL »

I had the same problem, I'm noticing a pattern here.<P>Anyways, I got feed up with and took it to a mazda dealer to fix it. "Last Time I'm doing that, they charge an arm and a leg $130, the weatherstripping was $75.
Mazda Mx-3 1996<BR>4cyl

Return to “Appearance”