washer nozzles

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
THStrumpet

washer nozzles

Post by THStrumpet »

I just got those lighted washer nozzles. Under my hood there is like metal going across where the nozzles are, with only a small hold to get to them, in which I can barely get my pinky in to, and wrench to screw in the nut. It is hardly possible to do without doing it upside down, so the washer and nut do not fall before I get it on. Does anyone have any suggestions? What I thought was just taking my hood off, and laying it upside down in the yard, then I could do it in like 10 minutes, but then I was not sure if that could cause the hood to be out of line when shutting it. Any comments???<P>Joel
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.

Re: washer nozzles

Post by Guest »

Yea you can do it that way, by taking the hood off. It is easy to line back up. Just line up the paint marks on the hinges where the bolts use to be. The hood s are usually painted on the car so when you remove the hood you will see round circles where the bolts were, just line the hood up to thouse unpainted circles when putting it back on. If you have trouble with the hood latch not striking correctly after, light undo the 10mm bolts on the hood latch and slam the hood then open the hood again and tighten the bolts back. Then check. And repeat if nessessary.
Zoom24

Post by Zoom24 »

SmaMitches is right on. I put some green ones on my car about three weeks ago. We had to take off the hood and then place the nuts in. Very tricky. You may want to have and additional set of hands to help realign the hood. However taking off the hood is your best bet. Especially if you are as clumsy as I am. You do not want to drop one of the bolts or washers down in the car where you can’t get them out. Not Fun. The whole task was tedious, but well worth it and the twenty bucks that I spent on them.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

The EASIEST way to get the nuts and washers on the nozzles it this:<P>Take off your hood (be sure to put something under the hood as to not scratch it). Put them on one at a time (put the washer on first and then once that is on, put the nut on). The best way to put them on is to use a small screwdriver. Slide the washer or nut onto the shaft of the screwdriver (so it is sitting against the handle of the screwdriver). Use your fingers to keep the washer or nut near the handle of the screwdriver. Put the tip of the screwdriver on the bottom of the nozzle (where the threads are) and then just let go of the washer and it will slide down the shaft and right onto the nozzle. You have to be sure to use one hand to keep the nozzle from falling out of the hood (because it is upside down) and the other hand to use the screwdriver. Hope this helps. This is what I did on Zoom24's car and it worked like a champ and only took about 30 minutes (including the time to take off and put on the hood).
GuyverXL

Post by GuyverXL »

Why go thru all that trouble, I installed mine and after a while I said enough is enough, so I Glued the nozzles to the hood, And they aint coming out. Might be a bit extreme but it works.
Mazda Mx-3 1996<BR>4cyl

Return to “Appearance”