Interior lights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Brainless

Interior lights

Post by Brainless »

I wanna change the interior lights to put blue ones but I dunno what type of lights is that. Does anybody knows that? Do I have to go to a special place to get that?<P>------------------<BR>Brainless<BR><A HREF="http://www.Geocities.com/j_micho" TARGET=_blank>93 red RS<BR></A>
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Bad_Ktty02

Re: Interior lights

Post by Bad_Ktty02 »

JC Whitney has interior replacement dome lights. (Is that what you're referring to?)<BR>You can find them on <A HREF="http://www.jcw.com..." TARGET=_blank>www.jcw.com...</A> They have many different colors, but you have to know what size and wattage you need (If you know, please tell me, b/c I sure don't!!!) I'm planning on getting the purple interior lights b/c I have a purple SE. Let me know if that helped at all!<P><BR>------------------<BR>thanks,<BR>-=*Heather*=-<BR>'93 Mazda MX-3 Special Edition<p>[This message has been edited by Bad_Ktty02 (edited July 20, 2001).]
thanks,<BR>-=*Heather*=-<BR>'93 Mazda MX-3 Special Edition
92RedGS

Post by 92RedGS »

i know that Auto Zone has them for about two or three dollars (can't remember). i changed out the light above the ignition and the two dome lights to blue. the dome lights come out a blueish purple color. and you need a small transperent blue piece of plastic to replace the green one above the ignition.<BR>if you want to you can also change the two back license plate lights to blue because the side marker, license plate lights, and interior dome lights are the same size.As soon as i can get some extra money together I want to get some clear side markers and make them blue too.
92RedGS :)<BR>I'm Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in. Say aren't you the guy from the Village People?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

The sylvania part number is 194. Have fun!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Bad_Ktty02

Post by Bad_Ktty02 »

what size bulbs are they??? I want to make sure they'll fit and won't explode.<BR><P>------------------<BR>thanks,<BR>-=*Heather*=-<BR>'93 Mazda MX-3 Special Edition
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

I just change my original bulbs for blue ones a few minutes ago. For those who are wondering, they are 194 type of lights and are 12 volt. I got mine for like 4 CDN$. I have seen blue and red ones but not purple (sorry badkitty).<P>------------------<BR>Brainless<BR>93 Red RS<BR><A HREF="http://www.Geocities.com/j_micho" TARGET=_blank>geocities.com/j_micho</A>
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
babygirl23

Post by babygirl23 »

I used to have a set of purple ones so I know that they are availabe. I have green ones in my dome lights currently. Jamie 95 Sparkle Green
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

Headlight=9004<BR>front turn&hazard/park light=1157<BR>front side markerlight=194<BR>stop/taillight=1157<BR>high-mount stoplight=921<BR>rear turn & hazard light=1156<BR>back-up light=1156<BR>rear side marker light=194<BR>license plate light=168<BR>This is the list of the bulbs that are given in my Chilton's manual. Hope this helps. Later, Robert
josie7888

Post by josie7888 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by babygirl23:<BR><B>I used to have a set of purple ones so I know that they are availabe. I have green ones in my dome lights currently. Jamie 95 Sparkle Green</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hey jamie!! i'm in lawrence too! i mihgt have seen you driving around today, i saw a sparkle green near the clock tower i think... i've got a black '93, beep if you see me. Image<P>[This message has been edited by josie7888 (edited August 03, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by josie7888 (edited August 03, 2001).]
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

How Do I change my Bulb in the interior.. Cuz I dont know how to remove the plastic cover to remove it and replace it after!<P>Thanks
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

hey there,<BR> there is a small indentation on the lense that you can put a small flat bladed screwdriver in and slowly pry up. Then pull out the bulb. Image <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sinistral:<BR><B>How Do I change my Bulb in the interior.. Cuz I dont know how to remove the plastic cover to remove it and replace it after!<P>Thanks</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

Thanks Im Gonna try.. Image
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sinistral:<BR><B>Thanks Im Gonna try.. Image</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>just did it today and it looks amzing at night<BR>i love it<BR>lol<BR>and i cut up my stock bumper today and gonna put in the chicken wire in tomorrow<P><BR>pretty good week<BR>
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Bad_Ktty02

Post by Bad_Ktty02 »

Thanks sooo much for the sizing info!!! I couldn't pry my reverse light cover off to check the size, though, so how will i be able to change them out? i saw these twinkle reverse lights on ebay and i have the right size now, but how do i take the cover housing apart???<BR>In the JCWhitney catalog, there are 3 options for colored dome lights: 8mm x 28mm fuse-type, 10mm x 31mm fuse-type, and t15... which one is for the MX-3??? This is all nonsense language<P><BR>------------------<BR>thanks,<BR>-=*Heather*=-<BR>'93 Mazda MX-3 Special Edition<p>[This message has been edited by Bad_Ktty02 (edited August 11, 2001).]
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

hehe I bought some blue light but I dont know if they are blue and just blue but make clear White.. f---.. I dont know Image I will see that tonight.. They are from<BR> <A HREF="http://www.toucanindustries.com" TARGET=_blank>www.toucanindustries.com</A> <P>

Return to “Appearance”